Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Upload large file in a shared server with a single form. (CGI)

[eluser]jongliko[/eluser]
I have to upload large video files on my server. I'm using a shared server who limit the php form upload to 2 Mo (OVH). So I have to use a cgi script to bypass the limitation.

But I want to use a single classic form for the informations and the file

example form :
- title
- text content
- large video file

So I'm looking for a cgi script that will upload my file and send back the post to CI. Like that I can insert in my db the posted informations, get an id and rename the uploaded video in just one step for the user.

I have tried "ps upload", free but no configuration at all.

Thanks in advance for sharing your solutions or advices for this kind of upload.

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
We had a discussion here: Bypassing upload_max_filesize
But the problem still is passing the values to CI.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
It might be worth contacting your host about it. I tried overriding the PHP ini value, and adding a line to my htaccess and neither worked. The solution was for me to create a php5.ini file in my Web root with the new value, and that fixed it.

[eluser]jongliko[/eluser]
Thanks for your answers !

It's indeed impossible to bypass the limit on this shared server.

I have found Xupload . The free edition just suit my needs. I have made some little hacks to the cgi file, to post some params like filename or folder name to the script.

But I'll have to make 2 forms :-S the first to add the informations of the video in the db, and the second to upload the video in the right directory. Like that I can use the ci validation for the first form.

If someone have a solution to process the text input first in CI and after auto post the input file to the cgi script :lol: I would love to hear it !

Thanks again

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB