Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Picking an Auth Library

[eluser]Dregond Rahl[/eluser]
I'v been flipping thru a few of them available here, they are all impressive and i just cant decide which one to work with. i'm trying to start a file uploading service and will need users to make their own accounts and ofcourse an admin panel, i just want to know which one would be preferred for this system, and which library would support reCAPTCHA.

I'm just looking for one i can learn from too, so i can know how Ci works with Authentication.

Thanks,
Dregond Rahl

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I can;t really recomment an Auth library, as my needs are so simple I just made my own (well, its not really even a library, just a few basic functions)
But you might find this article of interest. NetTuts did a tutorial on creating a file uploading site using CI Wink

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
This might help you decide - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34698...ry-is-best.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I was going to say those sort of posts are useless, as in most case, everyone just says XYZ is best with no context or justification, but there's even a reply there mentioning the pros and cons of each one... *starts reading*

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
Hey Dregond,

Have you looked at The Authentication Library? It's a simple auth library that comes with an easy way to restrict access to controllers and functions and also has an admin panel to manage users. You can download the files from the Github Repo. It doesn;t support reCAPTCHA but hooks into the Form Validation library and the Session library to provide security.

In the future I will be adding ACL as well, which will make it a more full-featured library.

Check it out.

Thanks.

Adam

wow alot of them some some critical flaws, i mean no of fence, i don't have a clue how to write a fix for most of the problems. Also thanks TheFuzzy0ne for the link to the article and Dam1an for the link to the uploader, i also noticed its login method to be very insecure.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Yeah, I think the reason was to not distract from the main focus of the tutorial
They do have a tutorial on a generic ACL but its not CI specific, but still worth reading

As you can probably guess, I'm a big fan of net tuts Smile

[eluser]theshiftexchange[/eluser]
After reading that same 'pros/cons' review of Auth Libraries around, I found Tank Auth. Tank Auth is a cut-down version of DX Auth, but was made after the creator read the same review pages and decided to improve on it.

It suits my needs perfectly - but obviously depends on your functionality required.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I just had a look at Tank Auth and it looks very nice Smile

Tank looks promising as well as "The Authentication Library" but tank seems abit bloated =/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB