Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Starting with CodeIgniter setup: suggestions & best practices

[eluser]helenth01[/eluser]
Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.
======================
<a href="http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com" rel="dofollow">PLR Private Label Rights</a>

[eluser]Enbex[/eluser]
Thanks, I could fix a problem.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Nice post and That is very helpful to me.

[eluser]Smithv[/eluser]
[quote author="Jelmer" date="1253721785"]Someone mentioned an inconsistancy to me about error reporting. It used to say:
Quote:On any public site error_reporting should be set to E_ERROR
And then I went on to set error reporting to 0 instead of E_ERROR.

E_ERROR essentially means 1 and is as such one level more reporting than 0 (none at all). According to php.net, setting error reporting to E_ERROR means:
Quote:Fatal run-time errors. These indicate errors that can not be recovered from, such as a memory allocation problem. Execution of the script is halted.

My view is that in a live site any error should be either written by me (the programmer) or not shown at all. The users shouldn't know, remove duplicate files what went wrong except when I explicitly told the system what it should tell the user. Which is why in the example code error reporting is set to 0 and not to E_ERROR.

Which is why I've changed the suggested error reporting to 0 instead of E_ERROR for any live site. I've corrected the comment explanation of the levels in the error reporting switch code because in the PHP code 1 means fatal errors & DB errors (instead of only DB errors) and 2 means compiler errors & db errors (instead of fatal & db errors). Also I've added a link to the error reporting pre-defined constants on php.net (http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php).[/quote]

Thank You Thanks For Helping Me!!!!!

[eluser]matula[/eluser]
I've only seen this referenced in one other place, but if you use Horrigan's UhOh Error Reporting with the latest version of CI2, you need to change line 66 of MY_Exceptions.php
Code:
parent::CI_Exceptions();

to

Code:
parent::__construct();

Otherwise you'll get:
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined method CI_Exceptions::CI_Exceptions()

[eluser]rallport[/eluser]
Wish I'd seen this a while ago. Really good guide though.

[eluser]hzr[/eluser]
Thanks for taking the time in making this, nice contribution to the forums.

[eluser]hzr[/eluser]
Thanks, I could fix a problem.

[eluser]Smithv[/eluser]
Security is the degree of protection against danger, damage, loss, and retrieved from "http://en wikipedia.org/wiki/security ". State security, providing and servicing fully integrated fire and welcome to 1st security bank of washington, your leading financial institution and home for all of your personal and business financial needs. Security - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia transportation, print directories security administration (tsa) protects the nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce tsa's regulations, restrictions. Security bank of kansas city privacy statement contact us security home equal housing lender member fdic 2010 security bank of kansas city all rights reserved. Tsa transportation security administration u s department of state security, roanoke, va is a locally owned, licensed virginia security dealer and class a contractor.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
StudyExpert – образование за рубежом. Всегда только индивидуальный подход и актуальные предложения. Языковые курсы, высшее образование, MBA, курсы искусства и дизайна. Цены Вас приятно удивят. www.studyexpert.ru

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB