• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CodeIgniter or PhalconPHP ?

All points that are discussed here are right (in the point of view). But again .. if you reach such a dimension of traffic i think you have a complete other workflow, a bigger team and other problems ;o) To start an idea, a site or a platformm, CI is for my opinion the best and fastest way. If needed you can refactor the site. The money you save on the rapid development with CI can reinvest later on.

HHVM .. never tried them but i sound interesting.

Do CI have buddle/plugin website like sympony ? Does CI have buddle like REST API from Rails?

If build a complete new website, CI or sympony, which one build faster and have more sources information to consult?

In term of activity/community, which one is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd in PHP Framework overall ? Please give me some info.

(11-16-2014, 02:32 AM)Rufnex Wrote: if you reach such a dimension of traffic i think you have a complete other workflow, a bigger team and other problems ;o) 

Not really. The workflow depends on your own internal processes. You can have 1 click per day and a thousand clicks per day. Your business operations stay the same. Servers can go from VPS to dedicated servers or on-demand servers on the cloud. It's all the same at the day. As for bigger team, depends how badly the application is developed. If it's streamlined, then there are no issues.

(11-16-2014, 02:32 AM)Rufnex Wrote: To start an idea, a site or a platform, CI is for my opinion the best and fastest way. If needed you can refactor the site.

Exactly. I started on the project with CI 18 months ago. It was good enough to get the kinks out, prove the project and move forward with better resources. We started with just 1 vps, then a dedicated box, then experimented with amazon and now have our own cluster of servers.

Somebody close this thread already, Phalcon is not even a framework.

If you are really looking at running Millions of hits per day, I would suggest that you must do a lot of design and planning.

You will need to make sure that your communications infrastructure is capable of delivering the volume of traffic you are expecting.

I am not sure that PHP would be your best tool in that case, and you will definitely need a scalable infrastructure which will include the front end servers, the database servers and the application servers.

I have tried to do a matching program in Phalcon that I did in CodeIgniter, various CMS tools etc.

I found that I got locked into asking many questions on their forums because their documentation was not as easy to follow as Codeigniter.

Ease of use, CI wins.

I briefly looked into Phalcon, and i agree it does not look like a framework at all. It, to me, looks more like a PHP Extension, rather than a framework. So CI wins in this case.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, M5 Inc.

(11-17-2014, 04:26 AM)Narf Wrote: Somebody close this thread already, Phalcon is not even a framework.

Curious as what it is called then.

(11-15-2014, 09:38 AM)no1youknowz Wrote:
(11-14-2014, 04:41 PM)zaltanklis Wrote: btw: Have any way to put code into 2 or more severs and make it auto load balance ?

Thank for you recommend.

Don't use code.  Get a Load Balancer like: 

- KEMP LoadMaster LM-2400
- Brocade ServerIron ADX 1000

I'm currently trialing the KEMP but will probably move over to the Brocade.

Why would you switch from KEMP to Brocade. 

KEMP seem to have a way better offer.
http://kemptechnologies.com/riverbed-sti...son-guide/

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew