Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth - Lightweight Auth System based on Redux Auth 2

[eluser]EyeAmN8[/eluser]
Awesome work Man!!!!!

I just tried it with the latest version of the two "ION and hmvc", and had to change a few things.

Did not use
Code:
$this->ci->load ...

Other than that it worked perfectly. Thanks again for the post

[eluser]Kenqr[/eluser]
Hello.
I'm working on a website using CI and ion auth, on yahoo webhosting.
While ion auth works fine on my computer, it stopped working on yahoo.
auth/index displays a blank page. (There are probably some php errors, but yahoo webhosting does not display them.)
I have created a page to create new users, which works on my computer.
When I use the same page to create user on yahoo, the user is created , but the password field in database is set to 0. Therefore I can't login with the created user.
Looks like this in phpmyadmin: http://i.imgur.com/2hJvbHn.png
My guess is this may be related with bcrypt and php version.
My computer runs php 5.4.19, while yahoo runs php 5.3.6.
If php version is the problem, is there any way to work around this?

[eluser]EyeAmN8[/eluser]
I would try two things first.
See if you can use bcrypt to assign a value to a var, then output it to the browser or write it to a file. Pretty much just test bcrypt out on its own by trying to produce a value from it. If you can do that then bcrypt is ok on your server.
The other thing I would try is to run it with sha1 instead of bcrypt. Again just another test to see if the problem is directly related to bcrypt or not.

[eluser]Kenqr[/eluser]
Thanks for your advice.
After some tests, it turns out that the problem is related with bcrypt.
As mentioned in: http://tw1.php.net/manual/en/function.crypt.php
Quote:Versions of PHP before 5.3.7 only support "$2a$" as the salt prefix
But getSalt() in Bcrypt.php uses $2y$ as salt prefix.
Changing the prefix to $2a$ may fix the problem (not tested, though)

[eluser]waqas amad[/eluser]
with help of this topic , i just want to understand "trigger_events" in functions like register, forgotten_password etc.

i have test these fumnctions but no hooks is set during execution of these system .
does "trigger_events" on call those that we will set using set_hooks function ? or it create hooks dynamically ?

$this->trigger_events(array('post_forgotten_password', 'post_forgotten_password_unsuccessful'));
will you please elaborate above live , what actually it does.

will you please elaborate about the usage of trigger_events instead of native code igniter hooks functions?

thanks in advance

[eluser]Patroklo[/eluser]
sorry, I'm trying to understand what you want to say, but can't understand if you have problems setting the hooks or calling them... sorry

[eluser]Kenqr[/eluser]
Hello,

I recently found two identical users in DB.
Every data columns have same values (including 'created_on') except password and last_login.

My guess is the user accidentally clicked on 'Register' twice very quickly, with the second attempt to register fired before the first attempt has completed, resulting in both attempt succeeded.

Is this situation even possible to happen, or there are some other reason to cause this?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB