Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem with application after moving from local to hosting server

[eluser]marcin_koss[/eluser]
I have an application developed with CodeIgniter that works perfectly on my local server. After uploading it to the hosting server I've run into this issues that I can't figure out.

I removed the index.php from URL by changing $config['index_page'] = "" in config.php file and added following lines to the htaccess:

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|img|includes|user_guide|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /amtec_online2/index.php/$1 [L]

Everything worked fine on a local server. On hosting server the website wouldn't load at all until I reverted mentioned changes to defaults.

Another more interesting thing. All pages are loading correctly except of one of them. When I point to that page I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" or "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" in Firefox

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
and what's the problem in reverting to defaults if it works ??

The thing with index.php is more cosmetic than anything else. I just prefer not having index.php in the URL.

Regarding the other problem. I was trying to narrows down a piece of code that may be causing the problem but after many times refreshing the page I started getting a different error:

"Internal Server Error. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
Code:
Internal Server Error. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

this error is a .htaccess error, when the rules don't get defined correctly.

about the index.php in the url, i'll have the defautl configuration and i user base_url() instead of site_url, to create links and form's action, and doesn't add the "index.php" to it.

For now I removed all the rules from htaccess and I don't get that error enymore.

The problem with browser quitting loading one of the controllers still persists. It works fine on a local server.

That page basically takes all the order information, customer info, items list, prices from session variables and populates a table.

I just found that if I echo some random string in a certain place in this controller the page will load displaying all the data correctly.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
some place to see a working example ??

http://www.zywiecshop.com/amtec_online2/.../user_auth

user:test, pass:test

Only 'User login/out' and 'search customer' links in the header are working

To start, you have to provide customer number, which is 1234

One of the ways to replicate the error is to do the following.
To replicate the error do the following.
1. Start putting quantities from the top 1,1,1,1 then press "Go to order summary"
2. Go back or press "Compose Order" in the header, make the 4th item empty and press "Go to order summary"
4. Go back again add some quantity to 4th item again and go to order summary.

Result: The browser cannot display the page?

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
yes, the same result, and i don't know why...there's some code that i may see??

[quote author="vitoco" date="1274578632"]yes, the same result, and i don't know why...there's some code that i may see??[/quote]

If you're really interested I can post it but that is a lot of code Smile

I'm thinking that there has to be something with the hosting server. I will try to test it on a different server and see what happens.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
try another server, and if don't work...we'll have to dig into the code....

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB