Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3.0 is available on bitbucket.

This new version has been created to be compatible with CodeIgniter versions 1.7 and 2.0

http://bitbucket.org/wiredesignz/codeign...sions-hmvc

Feedback is appreciated.

Note: Controllers must extend the MX_Controller class to use the HMVC design pattern.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3.1 is available on bitbucket.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3.2 is available on bitbucket.

Modular Separation now runs on the same code base as Modular Extensions - HMVC and is available via my bitbucket repository.

http://bitbucket.org/wiredesignz/codeign...sions-hmvc

To use Modular Separation only, simply do not include the Controller.php file in MY_Controller.php or remove MY_Controller.php completely.

Feedback is appreciated.

[eluser]CoolGoose[/eluser]
Just to let you know that everything you do is appreciated, I'll check it out asap, I wished for this a long time ago.

@CoolGoose, Thanks.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3.3 is available on bitbucket.

[eluser]Ruben Müller[/eluser]
Hey Wireesignz,

I just tried the new version out and got it running - great work!

But I have a Problem with "modules::run('...');", I get the following error message:
"An Error Was Encountered - Unable to locate the file: single.php"

I checked the code and found out, that the Loader tries to load the view from the same module - thats because the "_module"-var is set in the _init-Function "$this->_module = CI::$APP->router->fetch_module();". (MX_LOADER) But I want the view from the other module.

Am I using the modules::run-Function wrong or did you miss that bug?

Thanks!
Ruben

Try this:

Code:
$this->load->view('module_name/view_name');

[eluser]Ruben Müller[/eluser]
Thanks, that did the trick!

[eluser]NoticeableDesigns[/eluser]
I have been working with Ci for quite some time and have always been able to work my way through a problem using the excellent CI docs and the forums with success so I hesitate at posting this question. I have spent the afternoon working with the newest download of HMVC available (5.3.3) and latest ci install. I am having trouble with the form validation class, as many seem to have had in the past. Initially I was loading the library at the start of the controller function and getting:

Code:
Severity: Notice
Filename: MX/Loader.php
Line Number: 141

After some research I found a number of posts making reference to extending the form validation class, which I have added to application/libraries/MY_Form_validation.php

Code:
<?php if (!defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');

class MY_Form_validation extends CI_Form_validation
{
    function run($module = NULL, $group = '') {
        if (is_object($module)) $this->CI =& $module;
        return parent::run($group);
    }
}

/* End of file MY_Form_validation.php */
/* Location: application/libraries/MY_Form_validation.php */

This did not seem to correct my error so with some more research I found some references to loading the library prior to the controller using autoload.

I removed the call to load the library in the controller and added it to my autoload.php file:

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('Form_validation');

This did not help rid the error either.

If I remove the MY_Controller file and operate as simply a Modular Seperation setup, the error disappears and the library functions except that it will not display the form errors when returning to the form. I would really like to retain all the functionality of this great resource as the application I am building is starting to become slightly overwhelming without the use of some type of modular seperation.

What am I missing, or is this possibly an issue with the latest release?

Forgive me for posting what is probably a simple question to seasoned CI veterans, but I will admit I am lost on this one.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB