Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular CI On Codeigniter 3.0

Ok just upgraded to CI 3.0, all is well for the most part. Except for Modular CI. It is an important feature of my app and now it seems it does not work correctly with CI 3.

Whenever i load a module i get cannot locate library file session.php. I have poured through the code and there is nothing in the code specifically referencing the session library.

The only thing that i can think of is it is looking for the session library inside the module path itself, but that it did work perfectly on 2.2.

It is probably something silly that i missed. However tips on where to look would help greatly.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, M5 Inc.

(11-28-2014, 03:09 PM)Hobbes Wrote: Ok just upgraded to CI 3.0, all is well for the most part. Except for Modular CI. It is an important feature of my app and now it seems it does not work correctly with CI 3.

Whenever i load a module i get cannot locate library file session.php. I have poured through the code and there is nothing in the code specifically referencing the session library.

The only thing that i can think of is it is looking for the session library inside the module path itself, but that it did work perfectly on 2.2.

It is probably something silly that i missed. However tips on where to look would help greatly.

Check into the CI3.0 Loader that's what stopped HMVC from working.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

well it is deff. something in the process of loading libraries.

tried creating a MY_Session extending CI_Session, but that produced a similar error. Just in a nicely styled box.

either way i try it, CI is trying to either load the session.php from: application/libraries/session.php or system/libraries/session.php

following through the code flow it should not be throwing this error, especially now that the session is a driver. when CI calls the function to load the session class it should have the path set to 'libraries/Session/Session.php'. But does not.

I stepped away from this issue and decided to start extending my widget system to allow widgets to have their own libraries. And well what do know, same session loading issue came up and my widgets stopped working until i removed the code to allow them to have their own libraries.

@ivantcholakov

i looked into that already, made a few changes based on it, but that did not make a lick of difference. And for me that particular modularity system is, and this is just my opinion, to bloated and comes with a ton of redundancies.

So while i know somewhat where the issue is, i have yet to pin point the exact problem yet.

@Hobbes

You are wasting your time, I know it for sure. It is not that simple.

i do not consider it a waste of time, i consider it a challenge. So while i work on the rest of my project i will continue to poke at this and try to figure out what the problem is. Eventually i will figure it out.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB