Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
Hi Haseydesign,

thank you for your reply thus far. We've found where the problem was. It seemed that the minute we use HTML Email, the email does not get sent out. We've contacted the hosting provider and accordingto them we do not have access to shell script. We are not duplicating a simple contact form without flexi auth to test whether it works with html and if it does not then that means it is class problem with CI.

Thank you for your your help and we wish you lost of success Smile
cheers
Ashar

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
Hi Haseydesign,
we've testedt it and it was indeed the email class from codeigniter that it seems to cause problem when HTML mailtype is selected. This occurs not on all servers (thank God).

This is what you will see:

========================================================

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/Email.php

Line Number: 982

Unable to send email using PHP mail(). Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.
Unable to send email using PHP mail(). Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.

============================================================

So in case someone asks you, you would have the answer. Have a great week ahead Smile

[eluser]estevo[/eluser]
Hi HaseyDesign,
I was looking for the file to change the email subject for example "Account Activation" So far I've checked the controllers, models, language file and also the config file for flexi_auth but I am unable to find that phrase.

Would you be able to advise me where i could find it?

Thank you
Best regards
Ashar

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi haseydesign

First of all thanks for such a great, well documented library. I am completely new to html, PHP, MVC concepts, CodeIgniter and Flexi Auth and so it's a credit to you that, as inexperienced as I am, I've still been able to get a modified version of your demo up and running.

Using the demo code, I'm trying (and failing) to get the 'Register' function to work when the administrator is signed on (I only want administrators to be able to create new accounts).

Here's what I've tried:

1. I've edited demo_header.php so that the Register link appears all the time (rather than when no-one is signed-in). So far so good.

2. I've edited \application\controllers\auth.php, commenting out the redirect that redirects the user away from the registration page if already logged in, leaving:
Code:
function register_account()
{
  if ($this->flexi_auth->is_logged_in())
  {
//   redirect('auth');
  }
  if ($this->input->post('register_user'))
  {  
   $this->load->model('demo_auth_model');
   $this->demo_auth_model->register_account();
  }
$this->data['message'] = (! isset($this->data['message'])) ? $this->session->flashdata('message') : $this->data['message'];
$this->load->view('demo/public_examples/register_view', $this->data);
}

3. However, if I now click on the Register link, it only displays the register view (Register_View.php) if no one is signed-in. As soon as I sign-in, the link does nothing (apart from causing a page refresh).

I'm stumped now and would really appreciate any pointers about how to get this working. Please bear in mind that I'm very new to coding. Cheers!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Can any body tell me how i can show Name of logged in user on main page ?

[eluser]kashound[/eluser]
Hello, I am having the same situation as previously mentioned, but I am not having luck using the resolutions.

I have a clean install of Code Ignitor and flexi-auth. when I try to see the demo or features page from the flexi-auth home page, i get 404 error object not found. If I add the index.php to the address (http://localhost/citest/index.php/auth_lite/features) then it will work without issues.

I have tried to add the index.php to the config file, copied the .htaccess folder to the root of the code ignitor install all to no avail. I am using XAMPP Control Panel version 3.1.0.

here are what the controllers have for the base_url:
Code:
$this->load->vars('base_url', 'http://localhost/citest/');
  $this->load->vars('includes_dir', 'http://localhost/citest/includes/');
  $this->load->vars('current_url', $this->uri->uri_to_assoc(1));

Thanks in advance!!

[eluser]kashound[/eluser]
For those reading this, I was able to get it to work. I edited the .htaccess file in the root and commented out this portion: RewriteBase /flexi_auth/

HTH!

[eluser]GeWeDo[/eluser]
Dear All

I have installed Flexi Auth on a Shared Hosting and is working good:
- With All Browsers (except IE) when opened from a Laptop
- With iPhone 4S
- With Chrome on iPAD

But NOT WORKING with:
- Safari on iPAD
- Internet Explorer 9

PROBLEM: Login do not work

I also tried the demo version from your site to open in Safari on iPAD and it also do not open.

Any solution ?

Regards

[eluser]soldier_bbg[/eluser]
How to give permission to a user in the menus.

In what way is held?

respect to the following

If you are asking how you set a menu to show/hide depending on a users privilege, then you’re right with using the is_privileged() function.

You then only include the html class within the menu for users that are identified as having the privilege defined via the is_privileged() function.

[eluser]soldier_bbg[/eluser]
First of all thanks for such a great, well documented library.

I managed to solve my doubts delve more into the code.
the process is by consulting to Base de Datos.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB