Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter-user auth library v. 1.4

[eluser]Waldir Bertazzi Junior[/eluser]
Hey!

I'm releasing a new version of codeigniter-user auth library 1.4 version. It uses Bcrypt, high level security encrypt hash function, among other facilities.
Features includes adding users, removing users, protecting controllers and methods from not logged viewers and much more.

This version includes support for custom data fields individually for storing user data such as address, country, etc.

You can check it out on github!
https://github.com/waldirbertazzijr/codeigniter-user

Best regards,
Waldir

[eluser]denis.martin[/eluser]
Hi,
I've downloaded and installed codeigniter-user following the readme.md file. But when I tried to see the index.php/login page, I got this error :

Quote:An Error Was Encountered
Bcrypt is not installed or is not supported in this system. You can read more about bcrypt support here.
The Bcrypt.php file is copied in the libraries/ folder

Beside that, the views/login.php file is the same as the controllers/login.php (a controller), is that normal ?

Hoping to set it to work with your help !

Thanks

Edit : might not be the best place to ask for it, should I create a topic ?

[eluser]denis.martin[/eluser]
UP

No answer ?

[eluser]Jan_1[/eluser]
Same problem....

Code:
if(CRYPT_BLOWFISH != 1) {
   show_error('Bcrypt is not installed or is not supported in this system. You can read more about bcrypt support <a href="http://php.net/crypt">here</a>.');
  }

But it seems, it is supported. Does anyone know a good ressource how to deal with it on the server?

[eluser]Waldir Bertazzi Junior[/eluser]
Hi,
Sorry for the late answer.

@Jan_1
That is the old way of dealing with bcrypt availability.
Most PHP installations come with bcrypt already installed. So you can remove that if statement and check if it works.
Actually, this library is pretty old (it was writen 3 years ago) when bcrypt installations weren't common.

In PHP version >= 5.5.0 there is the password_hash function which is actually a better way to hash passwords. For compatibility purposes I'll still use this library until version 5.5 is more popular.

@denis.martin
That was a mistake I made when committing, sorry. The commited version is fixed.

Thanks and again sorry for the late answer!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB