Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Maps and Codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am working on a project where I have a Google map in a view. I need to add markers to it for various Services e.g restaurant, hotel etc... I am looking to store the data for these services in a "Services" table in a database.

services

service_id
service_name
service_location
service_type
service_lat
service_long
service_venue_id

In my view I have a series of buttons that relate to service types and when clicked will display markers on the map for that service type. These markers will be retrieved from the database. I am new to Codeigniter and Google Maps. I am using a maps library from Biostall, which seems great for doing basic things with Google maps.

What I am looking to achieve is; to display the markers on the map for a service type depending on which type is selected via the button. What I want to avoid is for the page to have to refresh because the map I have is displayed dynamically depending on which city is chosen and I don't want to reset the variables that are doing this.

From research I know I can do this using ajax and json but I have no experience of using either. I am looking for some basic advice on a way to approach this task. Do I have to use ajax?, can I do it with the Biostall Library for Google maps? Can you add custom code to supplement this library. I am just looking for someone to point me in the right direction so any advice greatly appreciated .

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB