Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The requested URL was not found on this server.

[eluser]bazianm[/eluser]
Hi all.

I just switched to Ubuntu 14.04 desktop for development so this can be the cause of this problem but I am not sure.

I have a site. Works fine in production (*nix server) and when I was working with XAMPP in windows. I downloaded the code and setup the database on my ubuntu machine. I have setup the virtual host and I finally got my login screen so I know the vhost is OK.

The login screen captures the input and sends it off to /login/verify (i.e., the verify method of the login controller) for validation. Like I said, it works great in production. In development, I am getting the following error message:

Quote:The requested URL /login/verify was not found on this server.

My .htaccess file is there and I enabled mod_rewrite. Am I missing something here? I could use any assistance you can offer.

Thanks in advance...

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
You might need to adjust $config['uri_protocol'] as not all servers are set up the same.

[eluser]bazianm[/eluser]
I tried all of the options with no effect...

[eluser]bazianm[/eluser]
OK. I got it.

I am coming to hate Ubuntu 14.04. I am not sure if it the OS or Apache (probably Apache) but it is giving all kinds of hissy fits.

The problem was that Apache was not reading the .htaccess file. I added a directory section to the VH conf and now it works.

That's three hours of my life I wish I had back.

Thanks for the assist!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB