- 5 GB storage
- 5 Developer accounts
- 5 E-mail accounts
- 5 Mysql databases
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 100mpbs uplink

What do you think?

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
[quote author="toocool" date="1410771568"]I would like to share this web host with codeigniter developers:githoster.com

- 5 GB storage
- 5 Developer accounts
- 5 E-mail accounts
- 5 Mysql databases
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 100mpbs uplink

What do you think?[/quote]

There are a lot of hosts that have some form of git support, they just don't advertise it. Unless you go with a full retard hosting like Godaddy, you'll probably find git on the server when you log in with SSH. Knowing that it is there, using a deployment hook is super simple. I personally like to do my own fetch and merge just because I like being in full control.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Alucemet" date="1410840753"][quote author="toocool" date="1410771568"]I would like to share this web host with codeigniter developers:githoster.com

- 5 GB storage
- 5 Developer accounts
- 5 E-mail accounts
- 5 Mysql databases
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 100mpbs uplink

What do you think?[/quote]

There are a lot of hosts that have some form of git support, they just don't advertise it. Unless you go with a full retard hosting like Godaddy, you'll probably find git on the server when you log in with SSH. Knowing that it is there, using a deployment hook is super simple. I personally like to do my own fetch and merge just because I like being in full control.[/quote]

Yes you are right, but those hosts dont have any kind of security for git folder. It is really easy just to type in /.git in the domain to see the whole git folder (this is only one example).
the other thing is that if you dont use github you need to configure 1 non-bare and 1 bare git repo. On the other hand if you use github and pull the changes with hooks then it means your project is open source or something because everyone has access to your project (unless you dont have paid private hosting at github)

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
I know Github is more geared towards social coding, and the repos are indexed by Google. You may check out Bitbucket, who has been offering Git repos for at least a year, and then you have free PRIVATE repos. I use many private repos there, and if you configure an SSH key, you can push and pull from most hosting accounts without any problems.

About the accessibility of .git directory on the server, this is super easy to deny access to using .htaccess.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB