Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: More tutorials?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
82.50%
33 82.50%
no
5.00%
2 5.00%
maybe
12.50%
5 12.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[split] More tutorials?

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 09:43 PM by ciadmin.)

i think first job may be adding support for newer php, maybe (just maybe) simple auth. and template classes, but 2st step adding more documents and tutorials and video casts,  i know CI has nice docs but more docs is better Smile like cicasts , cinews ,citutorials ...
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 09:44 PM by crisslin. Edit Reason: change wrong word )

i do not like composer.
i think ci the simpler the better.

Eh, this is not really CI4 related, this can be done anytime for any version and by anyone. I wonder why community did not do it already. I however prefer docs in text, currently lot of stuff is missing from laravel docs but is in videos and I hate that. CI is known for its great docs and it should stay that way. Videos are not upgradeable, not searcheable, text in videos is not copyable, you just write word-for-word stuff that is in video like a monkey. Otherwise, nothing bad with videos, lot of people seem to like it, but it should not be at cost of actual docs or development.

(04-06-2015, 11:33 PM)gadelat Wrote: Eh, this is not really CI4 related, this can be done anytime for any version and by anyone. I wonder why community did not do it already. I however prefer docs in text, currently lot of stuff is missing from laravel docs but is in videos and I hate that. CI is known for its great docs and it should stay that way. Videos are not upgradeable, not searcheable, text in videos is not copyable, you just write word-for-word stuff that is in video like a monkey. Otherwise, nothing bad with videos, lot of people seem to like it, but it should not be at cost of actual docs or development.

+1024
Absolutely right, I think. For people not so experienced both in English and in web-development (like me Blush ) video-lessons are useless. But textual tutorials with code, IMO, are the best way to start. I don't like Yii, but their blog tutorial seems to be a good example.

(04-07-2015, 05:48 AM)UlvHare Wrote: +1024
Absolutely right, I think. For people not so experienced both in English and in web-development (like me Blush ) video-lessons are useless. But textual tutorials with code, IMO, are the best way to start. I don't like Yii, but their blog tutorial seems to be a good example.

Haha! Yes, +1024 from me too!
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Yes, more tutorials for CI 3.x, BUT no videos. Text documents are the way to do this.

I also agree that Composer is not wise, particularly for new programmers.
Learn to do it (upgrade) manually, first.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

I think video tutorials can be useful. It really depends on your learning style. Some people like text, some like video. Some like a mixture.

I've found some video tutorials to be quite useful. They have helped me to get an overview of things I don't understand. I also use text too. It's a case of horses and different courses.

It would be cool if there were a list of "approved" tutorials that have been vetted and linked on the codeigniter website.
and/or maybe some way people could vote on tutorials as a way of showing which ones are the most helpful.

(04-08-2015, 08:53 AM)cartalot Wrote: It would be cool if there were a list of "approved" tutorials that have been vetted and linked on the codeigniter website.
and/or maybe some way people could vote on tutorials as a way of showing which ones are the most helpful.
like creating redit like , using open source software like pligg or hotaru, any one can submit links and every one can vote,
once i used pligg for personal use, it is good software for sharing links, i wish codinger has same site for packages and tutorials,
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

More tutorials yes
Video tutorials maybe

What to vote?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB