Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Use namespaces?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
89.00%
89 89.00%
no
7.00%
7 7.00%
maybe
4.00%
4 4.00%
Total 100 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Use more PHP standards (namespaces)

CI4 has to leave BC otherwise it'll have a hard time exploring PHP's latest features and speed. Devs deciding BC can focus on CI3 instead. I was against this at first however, from time to time I see the benefits of PSRs and they really are valid --making things simple and consistent. Don't follow Laravel's huge framework and complicated style. Just keep it simple by changing a few things to work on PSRs and leverage the new PHP. By the way, don't remove the third_party folder. It can be used to store files especially for a code generator. I don't like digging into Composer's vendor folder. Smile
Long live CodeIgniter!

(06-13-2016, 07:00 PM)prezire Wrote: CI4 has to leave BC otherwise it'll have a hard time exploring PHP's latest features and speed. Devs deciding BC can focus on CI3 instead. I was against this at first however, from time to time I see the benefits of PSRs and they really are valid --making things simple and consistent. Don't follow Laravel's huge framework and complicated style. Just keep it simple by changing a few things to work on PSRs and leverage the new PHP. By the way, don't remove the third_party folder. It can be used to store files especially for a code generator. I don't like digging into Composer's vendor folder. Smile

PSRs have nothing to do with new PHP features.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB