Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Pillars of CI4?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ease of use
35.58%
37 35.58%
Modern
26.92%
28 26.92%
Speed
27.88%
29 27.88%
Compatibility
9.62%
10 9.62%
Total 104 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Split] CI4 vision
Rainbow 
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015, 07:24 AM by ciadmin.)

What should be the pillars of CodeIgniter 4? I think, one of them should be ease of use. Another modern. Another could be speed, compatibility... Also, what is the target audience? Beginners? Companies? On what kind of project it should be made for? Small? Medium? Etc., etc. I think we should discuss about this topics, because only then we could make a vision. And all technical decisions should depends on that vision. And it is good to have it at the very beginning.

Edit: I have made this into several polls. ciadmin

Well its a tough question to answer

The only thing which must not think all the time for is Compatibility.
It is something good but I don't think that we want to be as Internet Explorer .. Already old before release date..

If CI wants to be once again number 1 PHP framework it has to be Modern (Up to date), Fast and Ease for use framework as it was few years ago..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

I voted ease of use, but what I mean by that is not defining how I want to work. That is what I love about CI, is that I can work as formally or informally with it as I see fit. It is not dictating to me how to use it, rather providing a framework that makes it easy for me to use it in any manner I choose.

By that I mean if I want to be pure MVC, I can easily. If I want to be just VC, I can. If I want to have FAT controllers, I can, if I want controllers reduced to nothing more than pointers, I can. I can put whatever I want wherever I want whenever I want. That to me is the beauty of CI.

Paul.

Its a bit difficult question to answer

(04-20-2015, 07:53 AM)PaulD Wrote: I voted ease of use, but what I mean by that is not defining how I want to work. That is what I love about CI, is that I can work as formally or informally with it as I see fit. It is not dictating to me how to use it, rather providing a framework that makes it easy for me to use it in any manner I choose.

By that I mean if I want to be pure MVC, I can easily. If I want to be just VC, I can. If I want to have FAT controllers, I can, if I want controllers reduced to nothing more than pointers, I can. I can put whatever I want wherever I want whenever I want. That to me is the beauty of CI.

Paul.

Agree...
Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB