Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Future of codeigniter

Hello all of you.i am listning few of my friends about the future of codeigniter.They asking that codeigniter team stoped maintenance of CI for the future.also they ask laravel is alternate for CI, kindly give your qutations. i am a little worry cz i love to code in CI and prefer core Php projects too in CI.
Thanks!

(04-14-2015, 02:59 AM)waseem afzal Wrote: Hello all of you.i am listning few of my friends about the future of codeigniter.They asking that codeigniter team stoped maintenance of CI for the future.also they ask laravel is alternate for CI, kindly give your qutations. i am a little worry cz i love to code in CI and prefer core Php projects too in CI.
Thanks!

With a bit of research you can find your answers pretty fast.

But since you don't want to do that I'll answer them for you. I'm cool like that.

1. Does this look like a community that is not active? https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/commits/develop  last commit was 3 hours ago.

2. Laravel is an alternative to CI like any other PHP framework. You should choose your framework based on your project needs and not on which framework is more popular. If your project will work better using Laravel, sure use it. If it's going to be better using CI, go for it. Same goes for any other framework.

3. There's nothing to worry about. There was a time where we all worried somehow, now that we actually have someone taking good care of codeigniter there's nothing to worry about.
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

Thanks dear

May be you should ask this question directly to the CI officials. It would be great to post the reply here. Hope we will be getting a positive reply from the CI developing team.

(04-15-2015, 08:25 PM)alkarim Wrote: May be you should ask this question directly to the CI officials. It would be great to post the reply here. Hope we will be getting a positive reply from the CI developing team.

It's already been answered. CI 3 has been released and CI 4 is on the horizon. See: http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-61342.html

Yes, there was a time when the future of CI was looking shaky, to say the least. Now the future is looking much more promising, and if CI makes sense for your project now, there's a good chance it will continue to make sense for your project in the future. As stated up thread, choose your framework (or technology solutions in general) based on your requirements, but if "ongoing support of the framework" is one of your requirements, CodeIgniter should satisfy that requirement as well as anything. (Nothing you get from a third party can be relied upon completely, so any such requirement should be rationalized.)

i think CI still growing up. Laravel, Cake, Yii or other, that's merely an option to create a project. so use framework that suits your needs.

#sory for my bad english Smile

I would like to know, when CI will use a new version PHP like 5.4 or higer, uses namespaces, prs-x, layouts/templates, relations, scaffolding and other stuff that other frameworks use?
PHP is Life!!! See My Portfolio

(04-29-2015, 05:36 AM)calcio Wrote: I would like to know, when CI will use a new version PHP like 5.4 or higer, uses namespaces, prs-x, layouts/templates, relations, scaffolding and other stuff that other frameworks use?

See http://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-27.html

(04-14-2015, 10:02 AM)marcogmonteiro Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 02:59 AM)waseem afzal Wrote: Hello all of you.i am listning few of my friends about the future of codeigniter.They asking that codeigniter team stoped maintenance of CI for the future.also they ask laravel is alternate for CI, kindly give your qutations. i am a little worry cz i love to code in CI and prefer core Php projects too in CI.
Thanks!

With a bit of research you can find your answers pretty fast.

But since you don't want to do that I'll answer them for you. I'm cool like that.

1. Does this look like a community that is not active? https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/commits/develop  last commit was 3 hours ago.

2. Laravel is an alternative to CI like any other PHP framework. You should choose your framework based on your project needs and not on which framework is more popular. If your project will work better using Laravel, sure use it. If it's going to be better using CI, go for it. Same goes for any other framework.

3. There's nothing to worry about. There was a time where we all worried somehow, now that we actually have someone taking good care of codeigniter there's nothing to worry about.

Agreed, Framework should be selected according to the need of your project.Laravel is getting popular but It will not going to replace CI.
The FAS Solutions
corporate web development
web designs  and development services
http://www.thefas-solutions.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB