• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
set_cipher and set_flashdata cannot be used together

Exclamation 
Hello,

Today i noticed a weird issue in CodeIgniter 2.2 (haven't tested this on CI 3 yet), then i installed a fresh CI and tested it and it happened again,

set_flashdata does not work in the following situation (i simplified as much as i could to get the exact reason):

Controller (Simplified):
PHP Code:
<?php

class Welcome extends CI_Controller {

function 
__construct(){parent::__construct();}

function 
index()
 {

$this->load->library('session');

$this->load->library('encrypt');

$this->encrypt->set_cipher(MCRYPT_BLOWFISH);

$this->encrypt->encode('message');

$this->session->set_flashdata('item''value');
 }

Config:
PHP Code:
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie'] = TRUE// Also set encryption_key config
$config['log_threshold'] = 1// To log the error 

Then when i open my controller and refresh again, Flash Data is not set, and also the following error is logged:

Code:
Severity: Notice  --> unserialize(): Error at offset 0 of 287 bytes /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/clean/system/libraries/Session.php 741

(If i delete either `$this->encrypt->set_cipher(MCRYPT_BLOWFISH);` or `$this->session->set_flashdata('item', 'value');` or change the config i mentioned, it doesn't happen again)

All i wanted to do, is encrypt a simple message with MCRYPT_BLOWFISH because the default encryption method result was too long for this porpuse (for anything else i wanted to use the default encryption)

Am i doing anything wrong or is this an actual bug? because i just followed the User Guide to do this Undecided

Which version of CI are you using? Since you just downloaded it is it v3? If so, the above code is for the v2 version.

(05-09-2015, 10:36 AM)CroNiX Wrote: Which version of CI are you using? Since you just downloaded it is it v3? If so, the above code is for the v2 version.

As i wrote it in first line of topic, i tested this on CodeIgniter 2.2.2 (fresh install, just changed the mentioned line in config.php and run the controller) and 2.2.1 (my actual project)

I was using a complex code, which wasn't setting flash data, then i started debugging and simplified my code and excluded models to reach the code you see above (it's the simplest way to reproduce this bug)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew