Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MIME type for playing mp4 video in firefox

Hello all,

I want to play the mp4 video in firefox with html5 video tag.

I am able to play the video in firefox from the webserver when I place the video outside of the codeigniter framework, say

http://host/video_test.html -> perfectly plays the video in firefox without any issue.

When I place the video inside the codeigniter framework, and access the page I am getting an this message in the browser
"No video with supported format and MIME type found".

in config/mime.php file I have added mp4 => video/mp4 but no luck.

Can you help me to solve the issue, where to set the mime types or some solution.

Thank you,

I'm not sure why it would work on the same server without CI, but you may need to add something to your server configuration. For example, in .htaccess you should be able to do something like this:
Code:
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
  AddType audio/mp4 m4a f4a f4b
  AddType video/mp4 mp4 m4v f4v f4p
</IfModule>

and make sure that your rewrite configuration doesn't route your request to index.php if it's a valid file:
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

Note: the RewriteRule line is just there to give you an idea of where the RewriteCond lines go. I would not recommend changing your existing RewriteRule line.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2017, 02:18 AM by LimePhobic.)

Forgive me mates but this is the only thread i find about mp4 video playback issue. i just have a very related and similar problem. May I post it here to look for an answer. Did you ever know the output format - FBR? because recently i used this video screen capture program that is BB Flashback, to record HD quality videos. However, the output video generated by this application was an FBR video file. I couldn't play it in windows media player or vlc. Later I found this article (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tip...o-mp4.html) and required that first of all, i must convert FBR file to mp4 format . What i want to know is whether converting video is the only available method to fix this playback issue because video compression always causes quality loss to some degree (the original video is 1080p 60 fps) and if there is an alternative method such as changing a file's .extension or trying another more compatible media player?

You did not say what Operating System you were running.

Some Operating Systems will not play local files without changing advance settings.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB