Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4 Proposed Roadmap
Thumbs Up 

Will be looking forward to this, i was about to build a large site using CI3, then this. I'm now having second thoughts. Hopefully will be out sooner. This should be as fast if not faster version of CI with great new features, Good luck guys [Image: thumbsup.gif]

(08-05-2015, 08:33 AM)kilishan Wrote: We are targetting PHP 7 since, at the anticipated release date, 5.6 will be in security maintenance mode and only have a few months until it becomes completely unsupported.

(08-18-2015, 06:18 PM)apsweb Wrote: Will be looking forward to this, i was about to build a large site using CI3, then this. I'm now having second thoughts. Hopefully will be out sooner. This should be as fast if not faster version of CI with great new features, Good luck guys [Image: thumbsup.gif]

I hope you do realize that what Kilishan wrote in his first post of this thread is that the anticipated release date is in the spring of 2017. That is when 5.6 will be in security maintenance mode with only a few months until August 28, 2017 when it becomes completely unsupported.

I think an estimated realistic time frame for the three phases of development will spare all of us from a lot of guessing, speculating, hoping and whining.

(08-18-2015, 06:18 PM)apsweb Wrote: Will be looking forward to this, i was about to build a large site using CI3, then this. I'm now having second thoughts. Hopefully will be out sooner. This should be as fast if not faster version of CI with great new features, Good luck guys [Image: thumbsup.gif]

Do it on CI3. Don't wait for 4. It won't be ready any time soon. No actual coding has really been started yet.

(08-19-2015, 03:49 AM)peterdenk Wrote: I hope you do realize that what Kilishan wrote in his first post of this thread is that the anticipated release date is in the spring of 2017. That is when 5.6 will be in security maintenance mode with only a few months until August 28, 2017 when it becomes completely unsupported.

I think an estimated realistic time frame for the three phases of development will spare all of us from a lot of guessing, speculating, hoping and whining.

What he said. And your estimate sounds about right.

Happy that codeigniter is finally moving forward.

Sepehr Lajevardi
http://github.com/sepehr

2017 ohh my god Sad

(09-01-2015, 05:35 AM)Vimal Wrote: 2017 ohh my god Sad

That's only 16 month from now.
How much time do you think it takes to rewrite a large part of a framework, plus a lot of new features, by a very small team?
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Excited

(09-01-2015, 03:47 PM)includebeer Wrote:
(09-01-2015, 05:35 AM)Vimal Wrote: 2017 ohh my god Sad

That's only 16 month from now.
How much time do you think it takes to rewrite a large part of a framework, plus a lot of new features, by a very small team?

Yah! CI Development Team doing their best. We love them. We should improve CI Developers count.

As you wrote, there is no better time than now to break backwards compatibility for a good of a project. With a longer support of version 3 there will be no problem with it. The benefits in the future will be notable.

As far as I can understand other decisions, I think all of them are the best possible. In a more abstracted way, the speed, simplicity and flexibility are the pillars of CoreIgniter from the beginning. That is why I am using it. Thank you for your work and good luck with a new version. :-)

my startup relies heavily on codeigniter, i was worried when I didn't see any updates in codeigniter, because this is the most easy framework i've used, i don't know if it is best among all or worst, but for me it's my bread and butter, i thank you guys, and once we reach upto certian level, I'll personally fund this project

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB