Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New course on RESTful APIs with CI 3.0
Lightbulb 

Hey all, I just thought I'd share my new Udemy course on creating RESTful APIs with CodeIgniter.

In a nutshell, this course shows you how to...

- Use PHP and CodeIgniter to create fully RESTful APIs
- Leverage existing classes and frameworks to cut down development time
- Create a simple API with CRUD (Create/Read/Update/Delete) functionality
- Fetch user information from a real back-end MySQL database
- Restrict your API to certain keys or whitelisted IP addresses
- Sanitize and validate data using CodeIgniter's built in form validation libraries

I created a coupon "FREEAUG23" to make it free until August 23rd for anyone here that is interested. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated as well Smile

Jim

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2015, 02:56 PM by PaulD.)

Could you post a link to the course as I couldn't find it on udemy.com, I recently abandoned a RESTful API I was developing as it become too onerous a task and took a different route to it. Would be interested to see if I was doing something wrong or not.

Thanks,

Paul.

PS Never mind - found it : https://www.udemy.com/php-codeigniter-restful-api/

Lol - I am so stupid sometimes. The problems I was experiencing may well be because I did not use the Restful Library you suggested, but was creating my own from scratch. No wonder I had so much difficulty with it.

An excellent course BTW - it must take ages to prepare for and deliver such a fluent walk through.

Will finish watching in due course. Good luck with sales of the course.

Best wishes,

Paul.

PS The chrome extension you used looks like an incredibly useful tool too. Thanks again.

Thanks a lot Paul, honestly it makes a huge difference to me getting positive feedback like that Smile

I won't lie it did take a little bit of time to re-read things when I messed up lol, but if I ever do another course at least I know what I'm doing now.

Since it seems like a fair amount of people on here actually signed up from the last promo, I decided to create one last code for anyone who happened to miss it. Coupon Code: FREESEPT4

All the best,
Jim

Here is the link to it.

Codeigniter Restful API
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Just joined the course, thanks so much for giving us a coupon!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB