Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Receiving an error I haven't seen before

Hi All,
I took a site out of Production mode breifly to troubleshoot an error and I saw this error message:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Message: Only variable references should be returned by reference
Filename: core/Common.php
Line Number: 243

It loads before any HTML loads on the page, so I'm thinking it's in the controller or config setup but everything seems correct and I have no idea when this error may have been introduced. I know it wasn't there shortly after site launch several months ago.

I looked in the Common.php file but it was really not much help to me.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Russ

It's a notice, so it can probably be ignored for now, but I'm having trouble finding the line which caused the error, since there doesn't appear to be any code which would cause it on that line number in the current versions of CodeIgniter.

One of the reasons this particular error message might show up when it did not before would be an upgrade of the version of PHP on the server, or a change in the level of error reporting (which is normal when changing the ENVIRONMENT, as you already mentioned).

(09-11-2015, 10:05 AM)mwhitney Wrote: It's a notice, so it can probably be ignored for now, but I'm having trouble finding the line which caused the error, since there doesn't appear to be any code which would cause it on that line number in the current versions of CodeIgniter.

One of the reasons this particular error message might show up when it did not before would be an upgrade of the version of PHP on the server, or a change in the level of error reporting (which is normal when changing the ENVIRONMENT, as you already mentioned).

OK...  thanks for the info...  

Russ

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB