• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignited CMS Pro

Just a quick update, various bug fixes although the state of the cms is still very much in alpha.

Field builder I've added robust validation so you get the right error message if you type something wrong. Field edit still needs a lot of work, the validation process isn't smooth yet. So next on my list is to stream-line the field edit screen.

Then I want to get multiples and template generation working properly, so it creates an index page and obviously uses SEO friendly urls like it is doing already, this is working fine for singles, but not multiples.

I also want to reconsider the UX for multipes on entry type. So each multiple has its own section or icon if you like. This way they are not all grouped together under entries which can make it a bit confusing.

The next big plan/phase is to incorporate 'blocks', which will be a way to group fields together which can be a handy way to output them in the template.

So imagine you have a slider and you have two fields e.g. image and title

you could do slider.title, slider.image and this will dump all that content without having to create individual fields. This I imagine will take at least 2-3 days to perfect.

After that, probably going to take a look at categories and a way to create tags and how best to output them using twig syntax.This will form the relationships between the content.

Lastly is conceiving the idea of structures, a way to create hierarchies amongst your content, useful for building menu structures.

Once that has been finalised I consider this beta ready/release candidate ready.

Other additions after this will mostly be bells and whistles like better user permissions and saving content from the front end into the database. I can't really see a way to generalise this in twig, so there is going to be some backend work in users writing their own custom controllers to validate content on their site.

Other additions/bells and whistles might be to include a pre made stripped down e-commerce module and forum module. But still in two minds about this, as I'm not sure how to make it generic enough so it can fit into any template. Perhaps I'll have to wrap this around twig functions/macros to ouput the forum and shopping cart data? But still unsure.

Stay tuned!
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon

I don't think ignitedCMS is ready for a premium release. Make sure the free version can be used and depending on the user experience, you can create a premium version.
NexoPOS 2.6.2 available on CodeCanyon.

Thumbs Up 
(11-06-2015, 06:05 AM)Blair2004 Wrote: I don't think ignitedCMS is ready for a premium release. Make sure the free version can be used and depending on the user experience, you can create a premium version.

exactly
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

Just a quick update...

IgnitedCMS Pro, I've been working on the UX and made some major tweaks to the entry view. I think it is much easier to visualise how 'multiples' and 'singles' behave now.

-I've added a boiler plate builder for multiples and the index file (although the vars that get passed into the index file still need some work)
-All urls are now SEO friendly including static single files and dynamic multiple files.

-All my focus is going to go into making 'blocks' work now. As this is one of the most difficult to figure out in my head how it is going to work. So the next big update will be a block field type added to the field builder.

If anyone is testing ignitedCMS Pro I'd highly recommend downloading the latest build, there are a lot of enhancements. However, this is still alpha and definitely NOT production ready yet.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Another update...

-Added the menu builder structure.
-Added boiler plate builder for multiples.
-Updated help section.

Todo Blocks and categories!!! Tidy up any bugs to do with field builder and dynamic urls. Better UX for previewing multiple pages. Update IgnitedCMS Pro cookbook.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Update
=====
-More bug fixes, menu structure fully functional now, slight update to documentation
-Really need to nail the grid system before end of weekend. 1/3 there already!
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Your system doesn't support users in dump of a database, it isn't efficient!

Hi I just added a bunch of users and the database dump successfully worked. Can you explain what failed, what you system specs and setups are and your steps to recreate this error?
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Just wanted to add, a lot of bug fixes and improvements have been made over the past week.

I dropped twig templating and gone for native php as the template engine. I'm just going to carry on making a more Usability tweaks and support a full custom controller/view integration.

When all is done, I'm going to launch a website with my three products.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Todo
-----

-Create a close button on add asset from library
-Allow section names to be more than one word as sections are menu names
-Allow a way to group fields into tabs as UX can quickly become overwhelming
-Need a way to dump multiples into ANY section, not just the one it was created from.

=====
Completed except for tabs, I think this is going to take a bit longer as will require a db restructure.
Not entirely happy with the way the UX is for the assets, will probably add a modal to handle this.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon