• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignited CMS Pro

IgnitedCMS Pro is geared specifically for developers and designers - built on the already rock solid ignitedcms engine. It gives developers the fine grained control the standard version of ignitedcms doesn't offer. There's so many things to mention I can't fit it all here, responsive dashboard, super slick user interface, drag and drop structures, intuitive template language, front-end template boilerplate generator, extremely well documented, well organised folder structure separating admin from your own templates, one click install that just works out of the box with no configuration and no composer, user permission controls, email including smtp, phpmail, and sendmail, ip monitoring...

Simply put, ignitedCMS Pro is the most advanced open source(FREE) CMS on the market, with an unparalleled toolkit

Drag and drop and remove and design the backend dashboard your end users will see.

Create a number of 10 different field types in the back end including but not limited to:
-free text fields
-number field
-email field
-rich text
-assets (pdfs, images etc)
-date box
-select options
-checkboxes
-switcher
-categories

Then easily output them into your view using Twig's template engine.

It really is going to be a game changer and what's more released under the MIT free for everyone to use.

If you're just interested in a platform that already has a template baked in similar to wordpress, you can check out ignitedCMS's little brother, which is already on github. I'll let you know when the first beta releases for ignitedcms pro are ready for release.

Stay tuned Big Grin

By the way all this is going to be free to use and licensed under with MIT!
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon

Hi,

It all looks really good. I saw your other post about doing two versions or not as well and that got me thinking about things I am working on too.

However, I just wanted to ask, suppose you start with ignitedCMS, can you then later 'upgrade' the install to ignited CMS pro if you found you wanted to do things you could not do with the little brother?

Best wishes,

Paul.

Unfortunately no an upgrade is not possible as the two projects are very different and combining them would serve to confuse matters.
That being said, I will try to keep both up to date however, the pro version seems the most functional so I will be working on that more.

Sorry, I haven't replied sooner as I've been busy getting ignitedCMS pro ready for its first beta release.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Just a quick update, I will be pushing the first beta version of ignitedCMS Pro to github this weekend.

Just need to tidy
-asset management
-asset rendering
-checkbox and asset validation
-simple but incomplete documentation

Stay tuned for pure awesomeness! These are exciting times!
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Finally the beta is ready.

IgnitedCMS Pro is a one click install, with little or no configuration your end. And we pride ourselves on our installer. No need for composer or any other dependencies. It really is a thing of beauty.

For install details see github.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Thumbs Up 
A quick demo showing how fields, sections and entries are used to create your front end templates. And the IgnitedCMS patented boiler plate template builder.

http://recordit.co/ErScplTq0r

And of course the download link on github.

https://github.com/ignitedcms/ignitedcms-pro

This is without doubt the most polished and complete open source CMS out there or at least will be licensed under MIT Smile
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Development log
-Get checkboxes and switch and asset validation working on all types
-Remove any UX bugs like search and sorting going to 404 pages
-Remove all ajax form validation and move to server side
-House keeping, tidy code in controllers and views and models wherever possible
-Consider db design for grids (which are a group of fields together)
-Consider db design for categories and relationships
-Integrate drag and drop structure builder to dump menu (see attachment 90% complete)
-Pass more globals into the twig view e.g base_url, site_name,sessions etc
-Consider SEO friendly routing to be generated with dynamic routing table
-Take over the open source CMS arena Big Grin

[attachment=375]
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Update

-Added more documentation in the help section
-Tidied up a few more UX bugs and issues
-Added some global functions that can be accessed from with the template

I think my next big hurdle is to construct a fool proof form validation for adding fields, consider grids, and categories/relations.
The SEO url routing will be considered last.
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Just a very tiny thing on first look.

I just downloaded from github and noticed that you validate database name with 'alpha' during installation.

I am forced to have an _ in my database names (format myaccountcode_thedomain_myDBname).

MYSQL says
Quote:"...any alphanumeric characters in the default character set, plus the characters '_' and '$'. Names can start with any character that is legal in a name, including a digit."

(And of course that 'back ticks', / or \ or . are not allowed either for obvious reasons)

I know I can easily change that rule but just thought I would mention it as many installers will have a fail on that.

Best wishes,

Paul.

PS I have not even installed it to try it out yet, just browsing the code, so if I am wrong on this admittedly tiny matter, then I apologize in advance. Not trying to be clever, just if the installer fails or causes an issue people will give up usually pretty quickly.

thanks Paul, if you haven't already tried an install I would encourage you to do so Smile, you can even set it up on a virtual machine if you are concerned. The install comes with a very thorough help section.

Your feedback is very relevant, in fact I'm in the process of making sure my installer is all serverside validated now, at the moment that is the only part of the system that is client side validated only which is bad news.

My restrictions for alpha characters only in the database name was just to cover myself incase users picked a non acceptable db name. I'm going to write a custom callback function using these rules.

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=30875
IgnitedCMS Pro
IgnitedCMS

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon