Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Implementing taxonomies in php/sql/ci ?

I'm doing some basic cms to learn coding and i would like to implement taxonomies in it.

I managed to figure something out from the wordpress way of doing it, but i would like to learn more about this.

Can someone point me to some tutorial/explanation on this subject?
I tried to google it but all i get is wordpress related, maybe i just got the whole concept wrong.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 09:53 AM by ignitedcms.)

All you're doing is using the route file to map your taxonomies to your controller. You can also create dynamic routes by using the db in the route file.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

I don't understand your comment, but I think you misunderstood me.

I managed to have get taxonomies/terms working, but i would like to learn more on this topic.

From my understanding of taxonomies. An article(or something else) should have category and a tags(optional). Etc, programing article should be under "programming" category and optional tags such as "PHP", "CSS", "HTML" & bla..bla..bla. It's make easier for user to view related post by clicking category or tag link.
KeepĀ calm.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 01:17 PM by george--fb.)

I know what taxonomies (categories,tags) are, i just want to learn more about how to implement and manage them in php/sql.
From my searches all i got was wordpress related results, i thought maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB