Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ORDER BY QUERY BUILDER ISSUE

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2016, 02:03 AM by mertdogan.)

I hava a test query :
Code:
$this->db->where('1 IS NOT NULL',NULL,FALSE)->WHERE('X>','0')->FROM('X')->ORDER_BY('X','ASC')->count_all_results();

and it is generating error:

Code:
Error Number: 42000/1033

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]The ORDER BY clause is invalid in views, inline functions, derived tables, subqueries, and common table expressions, unless TOP, OFFSET or FOR XML is also specified.

SELECT COUNT(*) AS "numrows" FROM ( SELECT * FROM "X" WHERE 1 IS NOT NULL AND "X" > '0' ORDER BY "X" ASC ) CI_count_all_results
I'm a person from Turkiye. I don't know English very well and i can't write what i want to say sometimes (as now happenes  Blush ).

If i write something by mistake; please don't distress it and try to understand what i want to write.

Why are you doing ORDER BY clause if you just need to get the number of records?! Just remove it.

The error is coming from SQL Server, not from Query Builder. As siburny said, you need to take out the order_by clause in your query. In most cases, Query Builder isn't going to check whether the particular combination of SQL commands you've specified is permitted by your platform; it will let the database server produce an error, as it has in this case.

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/4395

It'd be much less time-wasting for everybody if people didn't cross-post.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB