• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CodeIgniter Email Library Attachments

Hi all, currently really stumped.... For some reason no matter what I try I cannot get this attachment loaded on to an email to send. If I pass in a bad path the email will send without the attachment but if I pass in the correct url the email just doesn't send and I don't get anything printed out either when i try the print_debugger.
Here is a code_snippet of what I'm doing
Code:
log_message('debug', 'screening is not blank');
                       // Get custom email content
                       $this->_ci->load->model('contents_model');
                       //$this->_ci->contents_model->initialize();
                       $this->_ci->contents_model->slug = 'screening-certificate-email';
                       $user_data['custom_content'] = $this->_ci->contents_model->load(true);

// send feedback PDF
                       $file_path = CERTIFICATE_FILE_PATH . '/' . $screening->slug . '.pdf';
                       $this->_ci->load->library('email');
                       $this->_ci->email->from('xxxxxxxxxxx');
                       $this->_ci->email->to($email);
                       $this->_ci->email->subject('Your Requested Certificate from ' . SITE_NAME);
                       $this->_ci->email->message($this->_ci->load->view('public/email/certificate', $user_data, TRUE));
                       log_message('debug', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']);
                       $this->_ci->email->attach($file_path);
                       log_message('debug' , $this->_ci->email->print_debugger());
                       log_message('debug', $file_path);
The file_path equates to /var/downloads/certificates/xxxx.pdf
Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated thank you!

(02-10-2016, 11:27 PM)acheng16 Wrote: Hi all, currently really stumped.... For some reason no matter what I try I cannot get this attachment loaded on to an email to send. If I pass in a bad path the email will send without the attachment but if I pass in the correct url the email just doesn't send and I don't get anything printed out either when i try the print_debugger.
Code:

// send feedback PDF
                       $this->_ci->email->message($this->_ci->load->view('public/email/certificate', $user_data, TRUE));

I believe the output of print_debugger is an array, and cannot be sent to log unless converted to string, so you might try to json_encode it.

(02-11-2016, 12:14 AM)skunkbad Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 11:27 PM)acheng16 Wrote: Hi all, currently really stumped.... For some reason no matter what I try I cannot get this attachment loaded on to an email to send. If I pass in a bad path the email will send without the attachment but if I pass in the correct url the email just doesn't send and I don't get anything printed out either when i try the print_debugger.
Code:

// send feedback PDF

I believe the output of print_debugger is an array, and cannot be sent to log unless converted to string, so you might try to json_encode it.
Code:
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> in send certificate
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> email is not blank
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> Model Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> screening is not blank
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> Model Class Initialized
INFO  - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> Email Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> File loaded: application/views/[b]public[/b]/email/inc$
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> File loaded: application/views/[b]public[/b]/email/inc$
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> File loaded: application/views/[b]public[/b]/email/cer$
DEBUG - 2016-02-11 09:46:30 --> /var/screenu-www/screenu-web

Good point but with that being said if I look in the log it just gets stuck after the email attach?

What happens if you use is_file() on $file_path?

What happens if you try to set the attachment immediately after you load the email library?

(02-11-2016, 09:08 AM)skunkbad Wrote: What happens if you use is_file() on $file_path?

What happens if you try to set the attachment immediately after you load the email library?

It is a file when I called the is_file and when I directly visit the equivalent URL on my website.

If I try to load it after the email library. Once the attach is called nothing else after runs... Sad

I will be mocked if I tell you to replace all files in your /system directory with fresh copies, so instead I'll just tell you that I have no clue what's going on. I've used the email library extensively, including attachments, and never heard or seen anything like this.

I think you should make a test controller, with a minimal usage of email with attachment, and see what happens. If that works then it's for sure something about your code.

(02-11-2016, 01:30 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I will be mocked if I tell you to replace all files in your /system directory with fresh copies, so instead I'll just tell you that I have no clue what's going on. I've used the email library extensively, including attachments, and never heard or seen anything like this.

I think you should make a test controller, with a minimal usage of email with attachment, and see what happens. If that works then it's for sure something about your code.

Lol I am literally laughing my butt of typing this but I actually inherited this project from a previous developer and lets just say he was not the brightest one.... I replaced the Email.php file in the system library and started working so thank you for the idea!

(02-11-2016, 02:36 PM)acheng16 Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 01:30 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I will be mocked if I tell you to replace all files in your /system directory with fresh copies, so instead I'll just tell you that I have no clue what's going on. I've used the email library extensively, including attachments, and never heard or seen anything like this.

Lol I am literally laughing my butt of typing this but I actually inherited this project from a previous developer and lets just say he was not the brightest one.... I replaced the Email.php file in the system library and started working so thank you for the idea!

Oh, the satisfaction of being right. Glad it worked.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew