Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Website hacked. Code can't find database. PHP LOADER ERROR

Here is the error our website is giving us.  No one made any changes to the website and Godaddy (who hosts the site) says they can't help because its an issue with the code.  They feel our website was hacked and they say they can only restore to the past 3 or 4 days.  If there is anyone that can help us, we would appreciate it.  We are a nonprofit organization that helps the abuse, homeless, neglected and/or hungry.

A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: core/Loader.php
Line Number: 242

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2016, 05:48 PM by albertleao.)

That's a typical error message that occurs when the connection settings are incorrect. Are you able to verify your config/database.php file and make sure all the settings there are correct?

PS:
While I'm sure they host several websites with problematic code, I've encountered several instances where GoDaddy blames problems on 'code' when in reality it's something on their side. For them to say your website is hacked is a bigger issue though.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(02-21-2016, 05:44 PM)albertleao Wrote: ...

PS:
While I'm sure they host several websites with problematic code, I've encountered several instances where GoDaddy blames problems on 'code' when in reality it's something on their side. For them to say your website is hacked is a bigger issue though.

Not necessarily. In my opinion, Godaddy just plain sucks as a host, and as a company in general. I won't go into detail about my story, but my switch to a good hosting company made a huge difference for me, my clients, and my own websites. I feel that Godaddy's default response is really poor customer service, and one day when I proved that they were the cause of "my problem", they simply said that they wouldn't do anything about it. That was the last day I was their customer.

That said, with such limited info, it's impossible to help the OP. I recommend finding the config/database.php or config/production/database.php file and verifying that the MySQL login credentials are what they are supposed to be. If they are what they're supposed to be, is the database still available?

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2016, 07:24 PM by RobertSF.)

No doubt, GoDaddy is a wretched company. I personally have rued how Bob Parsons went from cool and struggling accountant-turned-programmer who created a pre-Quicken $25 application in the 1980s called Money Counts to complete Internet billionaire assholio who dumped his wife Martha for a young floozie when he got rich and she got fat twenty years later.

That said, that's a typical message when your database settings are wrong. You should have some kind of access panel to your hosting account, whether cPanel, Ensim, or something else. That panel should give you access to PHPMyAdmin or some other SQL manager. Verify your settings, and verify the database is there and intact.
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

(02-21-2016, 05:44 PM)albertleao Wrote: That's a typical error message that occurs when the connection settings are incorrect. Are you able to verify your config/database.php file and make sure all the settings there are correct?

PS:

They did something. The site just stopped working out the vlear blue sky after 5 years?? I dont feel the website was hacked. I feel they did something on the server side that affected my site.  I there anyone on here that can take a look to help us?

(02-21-2016, 07:22 PM)RobertSF Wrote: No doubt, GoDaddy is a wretched company. I personally have rued how Bob Parsons went from cool and struggling accountant-turned-programmer who created a pre-Quicken $25 application in the 1980s called Money Counts to complete Internet billionaire assholio who dumped his wife Martha for a young floozie when he got rich and she got fat twenty years later.

That said, that's a typical message when your database settings are wrong. You should have some kind of access panel to your hosting account, whether cPanel, Ensim, or something else. That panel should give you access to PHPMyAdmin or some other SQL manager. Verify your settings, and verify the database is there and intact.

Robert can you help us directly, info@tjygcpinc.org?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB