Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
local works but on live server (godaddy) doesn't work

I saved the htaccess.txt and put it under my public_html on FileZilla and then changed it to .htaccess. 

When I do that, I get a this error: 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The .htaccess works on my local host but why is going on ? 
I changed the permission from 604 to 705 and still didn't work. 

(02-27-2016, 12:47 PM)goneewindy Wrote: I saved the htaccess.txt and put it under my public_html on FileZilla and then changed it to .htaccess. 

When I do that, I get a this error: 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The .htaccess works on my local host but why is going on ? 
I changed the permission from 604 to 705 and still didn't work. 

Google is your Friend..

.htaccess GoDaddy
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

What if you delete .htaccess file do you get an index page? There might be some kind of PHP error unrelated to Apache config.

Whenever you get a 500 error, the best thing to do to save everyone time, is to check your server's error logs. CPanel and Plesk both have ways to do this from the control panel, IIRC. The error should show up.

Additionally, you can make sure that errors are turned on (see the main index.php page) to show you all of the errors that it can.

(02-29-2016, 08:03 PM)siburny Wrote: What if you delete .htaccess file do you get an index page? There might be some kind of PHP error unrelated to Apache config.

I got same error but when i removed .htaccess file it worked fine...

if i want to use .htaccess file what should i do now..

Like Lonnie said, check your server logs to see what the error is.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB