• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction to CodeIgniter 4 Blog Posts

Been a while since I made a post, so here's the first in a 2-party series about using Entities (part of the Repository pattern) in CI 4, and how the Model already does the heavy lifting for you.

Using Entities In CodeIgniter 4
Practical CodeIgniter 3  • CodeIgniter 4 Foundations - Coming Soon • Vulcan - CLI Tools for CI4

And here's the follow up on using Entities in CI4, which builds out a base class that allows a lot of flexibility and capability for your own objects.

Better Entities in CodeIgniter 4
Practical CodeIgniter 3  • CodeIgniter 4 Foundations - Coming Soon • Vulcan - CLI Tools for CI4

Good explanation of entities & CI4 Smile
James Parry
Project Lead

It will be good if we have such examples / explanations in the primary documentation of the framework.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Hey @kilishan,

When you have time and is appropriate, I'd love to see something on views/templates/incorporating template engines and stuff of that sort.

I'm not sure how to go about it, but some sort of introduction for those who haven't dipped a toe into namespaces, composer, etc (and how that will affect CI4) would be really nice, I suspect there will be a barrage of questions along those lines when v4 comes out and people start trying to create with it.

Also, appreciate the blog posts. They've been very helpful.

Thumbs Up 
Excellent!! Eagerly waiting to see codeigniter 4. All the best. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon