Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting Twiggy with It

Not expecting anything much from this post, just had to stop in a say that I was able to create 1 new file, and make a couple of setting changes and using the built-in view() method is using Twig in place of the default code. That's pretty exciting.

Just needed to tell someone. Thanks for listening. Smile

Sorry for OOT and my english. I'm getting an error (404) for default controllers (Home::index). I'm playing with it to trying controller or routes based on this article http://blog.newmythmedia.com/blog/show/2...eIgniter_4 , I'm very like it.

I hear ya!

I use blade templating in some of my codeigniter apps. Good stuff
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@kilishan

What do you think about parser/template engine detection by view's file extension name?

Code:
'twig' => array('twig', 'html.twig'),
'mustache' => array('mustache.html', 'mustache'),
'markdown' => array('md', 'markdown', 'fbmd'),
'textile' => 'textile',
// Etc.

(03-14-2016, 11:38 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: @kilishan

What do you think about parser/template engine detection by view's file extension name?

Code:
'textile' => 'textile',
// Etc.

What do you mean? You'd still have to load the engine via compose or a library right?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@albertleao

Yes.

(03-14-2016, 11:38 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: @kilishan

Code:
'textile' => 'textile',
// Etc.

At this time, I don't see that making it into core.

Seems like a nifty idea, but unnecessary. If DI is done right, it should be pretty easy to drop these in anyways.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB