Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(SOLVED) Codeigniter on Synology DiskStation - 404 problems
Lightbulb 

This is a tip for anyone having '404 Page Not Found' problems on a new virtual host installation of Codeigniter 3 on a Synology NAS.

I struggled for ages trying to figure out why the 'Welcome' page would only display if I typed only the website address in the browser. If I typed in 'website/welcome/index' or 'website/index.php/welcome/index' I got a '404 Page Not Found' error.

I won't bore you with all the Codeigniter 3 settings that I tried because they all failed to cure the problem. That was not the fault of Codeigniter 3. The real culprit was a setting in my Synology NAS (using DSM 6.0-7321 Update 6).

The default setting for a virtual host is to use Nginx as the HTTP backend server. When I switched to using the Apache backend server, everything worked perfectly.

I confess to knowing nothing about Nginx, so I'm sorry if there is a better way of solving this problem. My solution, which did work, is as follows:-
  • Open Main Menu
  • Click on Web Station
  • Click on Virtual Host
  • Click on the problem web site to select it
  • Click the Edit button
  • In HTTP Backend Server, if 'Nginx' is showing in the dropdown, select 'Apache HTTP Server x.x' instead
  • Click the OK button
  • If another pop-up appears regarding read access, click on Yes
  • Close Web Station

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB