Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Introduction to CodeIgniter 4 Blog Posts

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 04:20 AM by InsiteFX. Edit Reason: spelling error )

(03-03-2016, 09:19 PM)kilishan Wrote: Since it looks like I'll be doing a handful of blog posts over the coming weeks about CodeIgniter 4, I thought I'd pull them all together in one thread so it's easier to keep track of, and feels less spammy.

So, here they are in the order they were written. If you have any topics you want me to talk about, and the code is to a point where I can talk about it, leave me a comment below.

1. Requests and Responses
2. Content Negotiation
3. Dependency Injection and Services
4. Routing
5. Modules
6. Database Basics
7. HTTP Client
8. Getting Started with CodeIgniter 4
9. Using Entities
10. Better Entities
11. Upgrading the Parser

@kilishan I have taken and created a PDF file that everyone can download for viewing offline.

All Credit has been given to you for this documentation and it has a table of contents etc;

Download: Introduction to CodeIgniter 4
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Looks great, thanks! The only thing that I think could be helpful would be a nice big notification somewhere that these articles are based on unreleased, pre-alpha versions of the software and specifics may have changed. Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 08:52 AM by InsiteFX.)

Ok, I'll add that in right now. It's been added and uploaded you can download it again.

Awesome. Thanks!

I just updated it again adding how to create the BaseController, AdminController, PublicController, and how to modify the Home Controller to work with them.

hello, this is awesome. thanks i wuld like you to help me talk about getting started with codelgnite 4,
im really new into this
av read the installations of it(user guide but got lost at some points)
please help

(04-15-2018, 06:43 AM)dianajoan Wrote: hello, this is awesome. thanks i wuld like you to help me talk about getting started with codelgnite 4,
im really new into this
av read the installations of it(user guide but got lost at some points)
please help

You might find the Version 4 User Guide to be a good place to start.
Keep in mind that it is still a work in-progress.

Are Services in CI4 the same thing as Facades in Laravel?

(06-04-2018, 01:26 PM)cosmo Wrote: Are Services in CI4 the same thing as Facades in Laravel?

Good question. And you know, I hadn't really made the connection between how close those appeared until you mentioned it.

Short answer is No.

Services are simple methods that the framework provides (and you can easily create) that will build an instance of a class for you, taking care of injecting the appropriate dependencies, etc. It's closer to a factory class than anything else, I would say. They are used to help you use Dependency Injection in a simple, flexible, explicit manner. We use it in place of a DI Container that handles things magically for you. It was heavily inspired by this blog post by Anthony Ferrara.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB