Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What should we call the CLI tool?

There's been a few people bring up the idea of getting rid of the .php extension from our CLI tool, currently called ci.php. However, there's an existing Linux command, ci so I don't want to simply rename it to that. having a good idea coming up with a better name for it, however, so help a brother out - what's your idea for our CLI tool name?

Here are a few, I hope they help:

- CLIgniter
- IgnitedCLI
- TorchLight
- BrightFlame
- SparkLine

I just kind of came up with them off of the top of my head. I hope it can help spark some ideas in your head also Smile

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 10:25 PM by salain.)

ignite or cic
Oops, it seams ignite is a cli for React Native.
A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. - Plato

i like "spark"

it's kind of nostalgic,
if you know what I mean... Smile

(08-16-2017, 08:40 PM)kilishan Wrote: There's been a few people bring up the idea of getting rid of the .php extension from our CLI tool, currently called ci.php. However, there's an existing Linux command, ci so I don't want to simply rename it to that. having a good idea coming up with a better name for it, however, so help a brother out - what's your idea for our CLI tool name?

why changing the name? it is a php file and should be called php.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 01:19 AM by sv3tli0.)

(08-16-2017, 10:36 PM)Paradinight Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 08:40 PM)kilishan Wrote: There's been a few people bring up the idea of getting rid of the .php extension from our CLI tool, currently called ci.php. However, there's an existing Linux command, ci so I don't want to simply rename it to that. having a good idea coming up with a better name for it, however, so help a brother out - what's your idea for our CLI tool name?

why changing the name? it is a php file and should be called php.

It is not critical to remove or to leave it with .php 
How ever it is a common practice, that such type of scripts which implement a lot of execution commands are named without extension. 
(console, artisan, doctrine, yii and etc.. ) 

icode sounds interesting .. apple fans will be smashed Big Grin 
coder sounds interesting but I am not sure if it matches CodeIgniter 
codeigniter is an option.. one word not very short but 100% relevant ..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

+1 for the spark! I liked it back then!

@kilishan Is it possible to include your Vulcan CLI extension to the base CI4 project? A basic scaffolding tool would be nice, and if you include it then we have the name too! Wink

(08-16-2017, 10:34 PM)jarmen_kell Wrote: i like "spark"

it's kind of nostalgic,

x2
Best regards,
José Postiga
Senior Backend Developer

it's kind of nostalgic,

I really like this too. This will probably be our winner. I had thought about ignite as someone else mentioned but it didn't feel quite right. Spark, though, has the right implications and the nostalgia to boot.

(08-17-2017, 02:02 AM)orionstar Wrote: +1 for the spark! I liked it back then!

@kilishan Is it possible to include your Vulcan CLI extension to the base CI4 project? A basic scaffolding tool would be nice, and if you include it then we have the name too! Wink

When it was first discussed a couple of years, there was some pretty vocal opposition to the idea of code generators in the framework. I cheated a little with the Migrations generator because of all of the other migration tools that just really felt necessary, but don't imagine that it will make it into the framework itself. My hope is that it might get picked up as an official first-party library under the CI umbrella, but nothing about that has been discussed internally, other than some initial talks when this all got started about keeping that as a potentially separate tool, if it was created at all, similar to how Phalcon handled it.

Time will tell. Smile

(08-17-2017, 06:40 AM)kilishan Wrote:

it's kind of nostalgic,

I really like this too. This will probably be our winner. I had thought about ignite as someone else mentioned but it didn't feel quite right. Spark, though, has the right implications and the nostalgia to boot.

(08-17-2017, 02:02 AM)orionstar Wrote: +1 for the spark! I liked it back then!

When it was first discussed a couple of years, there was some pretty vocal opposition to the idea of code generators in the framework. I cheated a little with the Migrations generator because of all of the other migration tools that just really felt necessary, but don't imagine that it will make it into the framework itself. My hope is that it might get picked up as an official first-party library under the CI umbrella, but nothing about that has been discussed internally, other than some initial talks when this all got started about keeping that as a potentially separate tool, if it was created at all, similar to how Phalcon handled it.

Time will tell. Smile

https://spark.apache.org/trademarks.html

@sv3tli0
common practice is to use spaces and not tabs, but ci use tabs.
I do not see any reason to remove the extension.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB