Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth Support

Hey all,

I'm spending more and more time with Laravel lately, but do try to check in once a day to see if anyone has questions related to Community Auth. Somebody tried to send me a support related message, but since they have their account set to not accept messages I was not able to respond. They referred to a thread here on the forum, but the link pointed to a thread that didn't exist.

If you need help with Community Auth, make sure to post here in the forum, but if you must private message you should probably check your account and make sure that you can accept responses.

Take care,
Brian

PS. Community Auth continues to be developed because I still use it daily for work, so don't worry that it's going to die just because I'm spending time with Laravel. I just feel the need to be proficient in Laravel usage, since it's very popular.

Great Work Man !

I am a CI developer for almost 6 years now... I hope that you implement some cool Laravel auth/ACL in your library !

I am working on a project to build a application for medical usage, we were building it with Laravel, since is very popular now, but after 4 months we saw that the framework is a MEMORY BEAST and our server was not being able to handle our application....

Now we are coming back to CI... and... I got to say, we love it....

Our main problem in the migration process is now with Authantication.... The ACL library in Laravel is very complete.

Luckly, we found your library ! Great work ! Will save us A LOT of time.... =D

Thank you !

Laravel is heavy, including installation on composer.

I tried Laravel.
Laravel is slow, CodeIgniter is fast and light.
Laravel documentation is not always updated. CodeIgniter is always updated.
They sell videos, it's not %100 open source anymore.
It's just a hype...

I don't mean to speak for skunkbad, but he did not say anything about comparing Laravel with CI, he just said that he wanted to become proficient in it.

(07-24-2016, 03:55 AM)PaulD Wrote: I don't mean to speak for skunkbad, but he did not say anything about comparing Laravel with CI, he just said that he wanted to become proficient in it.

Yes. Let's be honest, if you work as a dev and somebody is looking for a dev with Laravel experience, regardless of what you think about Laravel, you'd be qualified for the job. Laravel is popular, and devs who are looking to be employed or make money should probably know how to use it well. That's it.

Hello Skunkbad,

I'm looking for an authentication library in codeigniter that supports LDAP / ActiveDirectory.
At first sight, your package does'nt support it, but do you think it will be easy to implement it by overloading your Auth_Model class ?
Please, let me know what you think, and if you think it will be easy, i will be glad to forward the code to you.

Thank you !

sebisme

(08-03-2016, 02:53 AM)sebisme Wrote: Hello Skunkbad,

I'm looking for an authentication library in codeigniter that supports LDAP / ActiveDirectory.
At first sight, your package does'nt support it, but do you think it will be easy to implement it by overloading your Auth_Model class ?
Please, let me know what you think, and if you think it will be easy, i will be glad to forward the code to you.

Thank you !

sebisme

I have no experience with LDAP / ActiveDirectory. Community Auth offers a way to force login, so whatever external authentication method you desire, it shouldn't be hard to implement. As it stands, I worked about 80 hours last week, and on track for doing about the same this week. I'm just saying I really don't have time to help, but it shouldn't be hard.

I have a issue I do not identify if it is codeigniter or community auth, but I am developing a system, but sometimes when performing certain actions the session is closed, do you think you can help me?

(12-20-2016, 12:59 PM)Richirt Wrote: I have a issue I do not identify if it is codeigniter or community auth, but I am developing a system, but sometimes when performing certain actions the session is closed, do you think you can help me?

Hi Richirt,

I don't mind trying to help you, but based on how much Community Auth has been tested in the wild, it's almost certain that you're either not using it correctly, or that your problem is in your code and not Community Auth related. Try to post some code.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB