Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is this ok? Suppressing warnings with the @ symbol

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2016, 08:48 PM by PaulD.)

I think in this case, and that it is not something I would normally use, it is ok. I have only used it in this one simple function, that I have commented appropriately, have also tried to catch any exceptions, as well as it only being used in one single place (it is also a private function within that particular library). I just do not know how to stop those error warnings otherwise since everything else is ok, ie correct URL, valid URL and actually the URL is working and live. It just seems that some URLs (or perhaps there is something about those servers that exclude such interrogation) cause get_meta_tags to throw a warning that I am unable to stop.

I realize that it is not ideal, but as this is an exceptional case, and in my entire app have never used this otherwise, and that I cannot find an alternative solution, I think I am alright using this, even though I know and feel it is a bit of a hack.

Since using it, the function that is using it has been behaving perfectly, so until I get some clue as to what to do otherwise, I am just going to have to live with it. I admit though, that it feels a it dirty, and I am not happy with it.

Thanks for all the input though, it was very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Paul

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB