Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What is the best authentication library for CodeIgniter ?

Hi Guys,in this article i made a comparison for many authentication and authorization libraries in codeigniter,with details i gave you pros and cons for every library,in the end i put the comparison table,after this conclusion you can make your choice,i hope to enjoy reading
best authentication library for CodeIgniter
thank you

Great article. Was thinking all the way through "This needs a summary chart" and there it was at the end.

I am also glad you didn't give them ratings or suggest a 'winner' because sometimes with such great options it can come down to the library you simply prefer in the way it is implemented. Sometimes it comes down to a single feature. So the choice is not a clear cut between any of them.

I have my favorite but I won't call it out.

Thanks for sharing and writing. Excellent job. Thank you.

Thanks for posting. One comment - there is no introduction - summary for Ion Auth. You have introductions for every other library except the first one.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:13 AM by peterdenk.)

Good article. Thanks.

However ...
No link for IonAuth.
Link for A3M is pointing to BitAuth.

Also would be nice to have date of first and latest release or commit to give a hint about if the library is mature and still under active development.

(10-02-2016, 07:36 AM)PaulD Wrote: Great article. Was thinking all the way through "This needs a summary chart" and there it was at the end.

I am also glad you didn't give them ratings or suggest a 'winner' because sometimes with such great options it can come down to the library you simply prefer in the way it is implemented. Sometimes it comes down to a single feature. So the choice is not a clear cut between any of them.

I have my favorite but I won't call it out.

Thanks for sharing and writing. Excellent job. Thank you.

Smile  Thanks PaulID , i am always happy with your comments and for sure i benefit from your advice,i hope to be at what expect and my visitors

and what make me laugh that you are very smart because i  Intended to not make a winner library for your exact reasons

thanks again

(10-02-2016, 03:42 PM)cartalot Wrote: Thanks for posting. One comment - there is no introduction - summary for Ion Auth. You have introductions for every other library except the first one.

thanks catalot, you are write i didn't do this because it was very popular library,but i will do as soon as possible

thanks alot for advice

(10-03-2016, 08:04 AM)peterdenk Wrote: Good article. Thanks.

However ...
No link for IonAuth.
Link for A3M is pointing to BitAuth.

Also would be nice to have date of first and latest release or commit to give a hint about if the library is mature and still under active development.

Thanks peterdenk,
your advice in the point and i updated article with right links,also i will update this list if any library outdated or have important changes

Personally I use ion_auth. It is good enough for most problems.

I would, however, love a auth library that handles social login in a straightforward way.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB