Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
improve Query Builder to make more complex queries

(05-13-2019, 01:31 AM)iRedds Wrote:
(05-12-2019, 08:24 PM)kilishan Wrote: Looks like someone has submitted a PR for this that I'll review shortly.

It was my PR, but without query grouping.

I am interested in your opinion on the query grouping that I suggested above.

I like your query grouping idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more streamlining across the database engine like this, but hand my hands full with everything else going on I didn't want to touch anything like that until the framework got to an official release. And I had enough problems with the db refactoring I did do that I didn't want to touch that whole layer anymore than I had to back then. Smile

(05-14-2019, 08:49 AM)kilishan Wrote: I like your query grouping idea. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more streamlining across the database engine like this, but hand my hands full with everything else going on I didn't want to touch anything like that until the framework got to an official release. And I had enough problems with the db refactoring I did do that I didn't want to touch that whole layer anymore than I had to back then. Smile

And a few more questions.
What to do with the old version of the query grouping (group_start(), etc.)?
Leave for backward compatibility or remove completely?

For query grouping, create a new PR or update an existing one to avoid merge conflicts?

(05-16-2019, 04:21 AM)iRedds Wrote: And a few more questions.
What to do with the old version of the query grouping (group_start(), etc.)?
Leave for backward compatibility or remove completely?

For query grouping, create a new PR or update an existing one to avoid merge conflicts?

It's a new feature - so new PR please.

Leave for backward compatibility but mark as deprecated in the docs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB