Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHPStorm announces Codeigniter Support

This was just announced today - I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how good it is.
Note this is in the EAP beta version - not the official version. But this is really great news!!
It means that after it goes through the beta process, it should become part of the release version in a few weeks.

If you do try it out and you find any issues with codeigniter - file a ticket so it can be addressed.

https://blog.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/2016...-163-6512/

I'm on Linux (Ubuntu), and actually purchased PHPStorm about a year ago. I had to get a refund because it was super buggy. It's nice to see they're going to offer CI support, but I'm reluctant to purchase it again.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 05:09 PM by cartalot.)

The EAP version is free. But as I said this is beta software so could have bugs.
https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display...ss+Program

Otherwise - you can try out the release version for free for 30 days:
https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/download/

and there are a bunch of ways to get it for free or discount
https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy/#...=discounts

and you have the option of paying $8.90 a month and after one year you own that version forever.

(10-19-2016, 03:14 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I'm on Linux (Ubuntu), and actually purchased PHPStorm about a year ago. I had to get a refund because it was super buggy. It's nice to see they're going to offer CI support, but I'm reluctant to purchase it again.

Worked for 1 year on Ubuntu (until 2 months ago) and it was perfect..
Now I use it on Windows 10 primary and its again ++..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Great, thanks for sharing
A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. - Plato

Likewise I run it on Windows 10 Pro with no problems. Purchased it.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

It seems that 16.3 will be nice PHPStorm release..
I am waiting it from 1-2 months now because of the multiple projects in 1 frame development..
And now CI will have support which is great. I hope that this CI support will continue and at the next year when CI 4 is out (eventually) Smile
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(10-19-2016, 03:14 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I'm on Linux (Ubuntu), and actually purchased PHPStorm about a year ago. I had to get a refund because it was super buggy. It's nice to see they're going to offer CI support, but I'm reluctant to purchase it again.

We use phpStorm with Linux at office at it works absolutely fine. You have to tweak the keymap and disable several of your Linux desktop environment's shortcut keys to actually be productive. I've been using phpStorm on Windows (7 and 10) ever since I started working with PHP, always works great.

(10-21-2016, 10:33 AM)RBX Wrote:

We use phpStorm with Linux at office at it works absolutely fine. You have to tweak the keymap and disable several of your Linux desktop environment's shortcut keys to actually be productive. I've been using phpStorm on Windows (7 and 10) ever since I started working with PHP, always works great.

The main problem I had is that I would customize all my settings, and everything would be fine until PHPStorm was closed. When I would re-open PHPStorm, all of my customized settings would revert back to default. I worked with their technical support to try to figure out what was wrong, and finally when they couldn't make it right they gave me my money back. I really had high hopes for PHPStorm, and may try it again someday, but just not right now.

great news , i am waiting to see phpstorm support codeigniter for a while

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB