Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is anybody using version 4?

it seems that few people are using this version. if you have used for your project?
Q&A for Codeigniter
StartBBS--open-source, light weight forum software.
Best VPS:Digital Ocean

It's in Alpha, no one is using it for a production site.

I'm playing around with it and learning all the fun new ways of doing things just for giggles but it's month away from any kind of stable release.

Play with it yes ..
Using it for some real app, nope...
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 12:35 AM by John_Betong.)

When I wasn't busy I started this site with an early CI 4 version

http://john-betong.tk/

I don't know how long the formal version will be released, so I am going to use the current version(4) in production.
Q&A for Codeigniter
StartBBS--open-source, light weight forum software.
Best VPS:Digital Ocean

(10-24-2016, 12:43 AM)startbbs Wrote: I don't know how long the formal version will be released, so I am going to use the current version(4) in production.

(facepalm)

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2016, 01:10 AM by sv3tli0.)

(10-24-2016, 12:43 AM)startbbs Wrote: I don't know how long the formal version will be released, so I am going to use the current version(4) in production.

Lets make it clear ...

If you want to work with CI 4 on your production, put PHP 7.1 beta on it or even 7.2 pre-alpha .. It's the same. 

Until CI 4 is under development anything at it can be completely changed, removed, unstable and security threat.. 
At the same time many things are not yet complete so you won't have them at all...

Why the hell you want to use such "tool" for production ?
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Just,  why?  Dodgy

Hahahahahaaha
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Trying it to run a sustainable business might prove a risky move, at the same time a "real-life" mini-project is good way to learn the new system in and out.

Using it at home at the moment for slightly more elaborate "Hello World" for hobby project I thought I'll use to learn Laravel, actually, but I also want to get better look at new built in ORM.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB