Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.1.2 released

Is this release bug fixes of version 3.1.1?
Im asking that version 3.1.1 introduced new bugs and fixed by this latest update?

BTW big thanks for all the great work Smile

(10-30-2016, 06:24 AM)DuoS Wrote: Is this release bug fixes of version 3.1.1?
Im asking that version 3.1.1 introduced new bugs and fixed by this latest update?

No ... 3.1.2 addresses a new security bug reported after 3.1.1 was released.
James Parry
Project Lead

Thank you!
Share what you know,
Learn what you don't

Thanks. Really appreciate the hard work of the community.

This version upgraded fine, thanks.

Nice..

Nice thank u

Suggestion for the CIAdmins:

Would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to CodeIgniter version releases that we as users could subscribe to, so we get notified when a new version is released?

At the moment we can only subscribe to the News & Discussion Forum, which notifies us of ALL new threads created, not just ones related to CodeIgniter Version releases.

Just thought it would be a good idea.

(01-03-2017, 04:44 AM)draytop Wrote: Suggestion for the CIAdmins:

Would it be possible to have a forum dedicated to CodeIgniter version releases that we as users could subscribe to, so we get notified when a new version is released?

At the moment we can only subscribe to the News & Discussion Forum, which notifies us of ALL new threads created, not just ones related to CodeIgniter Version releases.

Just thought it would be a good idea.

Interesting idea. It is possible, but I don't know if it is the best solution to your problem.

There is a proposed modification to github, to provide for "watching" releases in a repo, with email notification ... https://github.com/isaacs/github/issues/410. That sounds like a perfect fit.

There is also a possible third party solution ... http://davegaeddert.com/2014/10/11/sibbe...on-github/

The problem I see with a separate subforum is duplication of posts ... I want release notices to be in the "news & announcements" subforum, which is "sticky" for codeigniter.com, not dissappearing from the homepage after other posts. That subforum contains posts of interest to the entire community. I could add an announcement only subforum (no replies), with links to the announcements - would that work?

I guess that would work until the proposed modification to github is implemented.
Although you have no control over Github, so I think your proposed solution of an announcement only subforum (no replies) is the best solution.

Maybe add a link to the sticky discussion thread of the release in the News & Discussion forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB