Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mysql Custom Select

Dear concern,

I have face a problem to make a codeigniter query from mysql query

My mysql query is : select * from class_routine where semester='$semester' and day='$day' and time_schedule='$time_schedule' and (batch='$batch' or section='$section' or teacher='$teacher' or room='$room');

Please help me.

Thanks
Nahid

You have a working mysql query?

Use $this->db->last_query() in CodeIgniter to see if the query Codigniter is sending to the database matches the working query.

I use below query:

$query = $this->db->query('select * from class_routine where semester='$semester' and day='$day' and time_schedule='$time_schedule' and (batch='$batch_no' or section='$section' or teacher='$teacher' or room='$room');');

And I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$semester' (T_VARIABLE) in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\application\models\m_class_routine.php on line 9

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2015, 10:52 AM by Jamie. Edit Reason: Incorporated links for CI2/CI3 documentations )

(01-03-2015, 10:34 PM)nahid.tct Wrote: I use below query:

$query = $this->db->query('select * from class_routine where semester='$semester' and day='$day' and time_schedule='$time_schedule' and (batch='$batch_no' or section='$section' or teacher='$teacher' or room='$room');');

And I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$semester' (T_VARIABLE) in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\application\models\m_class_routine.php on line 9

Hi Nahid.tct,

Either of the following should work. In your query string you are failing to join the string data with the full stop (period) character.

PHP Code:
$query $this->db->query('select * from class_routine where semester='.$semester.' and day='.$day.' and time_schedule='.$time_schedule.' and (batch='.$batch_no.' or section='.$section.' or teacher='.$teacher.' or room='.$room.');'); 

or

PHP Code:
$query $this->db->query("select * from class_routine where semester='$semester' and day='$day' and time_schedule='$time_schedule' and (batch='$batch_no' or section='$section' or teacher='$teacher' or room='$room');"); 

Hope this helps  Smile

You may wish to take a look at the query builder class: CI2 | CI3. Whilst your method would work it's always nice to learn a new method, eh? and it may help simplify your future database queries Smile
Jamie Bond
Full time International Development undergraduate.
Part time website developer.

Thanks Jamie ,
I will try and let know.

Open and close your query with double quotes not single quotes.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(01-05-2015, 04:45 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Open and close your query with double quotes not single quotes.

Heh, that's the first thing I thought too, but my eyes were fooled into thinking he had double quotes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB