Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Encrypted session BLOB?

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 11:16 AM by twistedpixel.)

(01-31-2017, 11:44 AM)Narf Wrote: ... override CI_Session:: sess_regenerate() to carry over the value when regeneration happens. ...

Sorry to bug you again but I couldn't figure out what you meant by this part. I couldn't find a way to "carry the value" over. I couldn't see any way to basically get it to the write() function of the DB Session driver without extending that class (which I've seen you mention elsewhere is a bad idea for future-proofing). Even without extending it though, the insert/update data is set within the write() function so how would you update the new session without sending a new query to do it *after* the write() function?

Am I missing something simple here?

session_regenerate_id() will trigger a write() call, and thus - you can update it right after that.

(02-01-2017, 11:23 AM)Narf Wrote: session_regenerate_id() will trigger a write() call, and thus - you can update it right after that.

That's exactly what I tried. The line after session_regenerate_id() I got the new session ID with session_id() and attempted to update the row in the database via the new session ID but it didn't update, leading me to believe write() was not being called until *after* sess_regenerate() finished and therefore the row didn't exist yet to modify.

Any idea why this is happening?

I guess session_regenerate_id() doesn't trigger an immediate write() call then ... that may differ in between PHP versions.

A hacky work-around to that would be to do this:

Code:
session_regenerate_id();
session_write_close();
session_start();
// update the row here

A more clean solution is to have a separate table instead of an additional field, using the session ID as a reference between the two.

Interesting. Not quite sure how best to keep a second table in sync but I'll see what I can come up with!

Thanks for your help and advice, I really appreciate it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB