Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Firefox now has built in Firebug.next (no more FirePHP makes me sad)

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2017, 11:17 AM by skunkbad. Edit Reason: New info )

So yesterday I saw that Firefox updated and Firebug is now part of the developer tools. That's nice, except that the FirePHP extension no longer works, and that was my main way of debugging. Chrome Logger now works, but as far as I can tell there is only one library that somebody has come up with, and it's not showing line numbers in the backtrace. It also offers no way to enable/disable the way that FirePHP did.

I tried getting the line numbers to show up, and it's kind of weird that I can var_dump the line number right before it's added to the backtrace, but it doesn't show in the console. This is frustrating. Debugging the actual data in the header shows that it must be the console itself that is causing the line numbers to vanish.

Note: if I use the  Chrome browser, the backtrace info is totally wacked. Doesn't show accurate info.

I ended up making a small class that extends ChromePHP to allow to to enable/disable when I want, but having spent some time in the ChromePHP code, I'm not in love with this code. It's not very well thought out. 

I'm talking about this:
https://github.com/ccampbell/chromephp

Any alternatives? If none, I may spend some time over the next few days making my own, but time is money, and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB