Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CRM CodeIgniter

Hello!
My name is Catalin. This is my first post / topic on this forum so I apology if I posed in the wrong place.

I need a browser based solution for CRM + HRM + Finance + Billing + Project Management.
The best solution that I found is Perfex, from CodeCanyon (Envato) -> link: Perfex
The product is well written (as far as I saw from the demo) and frequently updated (last one was a few days ago). It has almost all the features that I need. However, there are some little details that stopped me from buying it until now and I wanted to ask the community for an advice.
First, I need some customizations and I never worked with CodeIgniter. If you are kind and take a look at the demo, you will see that the admin is not capable to see how much money a staff user earned by working on tasks and completing them. Although, you can setup a salary / hour for a staff member.
The whole project is oriented to be useful to an web development agency.
So, I would like to add some extra features to this product and I would like an opinion on how hard or easy it will be for a person who knows something (just to get around) with code but never worked on a product based on CodeIgniter. 
Also I would like to know if I there is a simple way to integrate a chat system into Perfex. And if there is, could you please indicate me a product?
I saw cometchat but the price is too high in my opinion, although it supports video chat (and that's awesome).

Yet again, if there is a freelancer here how could help me extend the features of Perfex, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards!

Normally those files have many too them and hunting down the ones you wish to amend will be difficult, even more so if that person doesn't know codeigniter.

It is possible though.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

first off - Wow. I would urge everyone to take a look at this, very impressive use of Codeigniter. And its so cool to see a project like this that is so active and well reviewed.

to your question - i would suggest contacting Perfex and ask if they know of any developers who are familiar with the product that they can recommend to help you.
that is going to be the most reliable. then if you ask them for specific changes and you follow what they do - that will help you get familiar with how the code works.
but otherwise - this is obviously a complex application so it would not be the best way to try and learn codeigniter.

in terms of integrating chat - take a look at Slack
https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-...-cms-25269

If you wanted to do a chat thing for free, I think using nodejs or something similar that uses realtime sockets is probably best.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

(02-11-2017, 10:28 AM)cata.avr Wrote: Hello!
My name is Catalin. This is my first post / topic on this forum so I apology if I posed in the wrong place.

I need a browser based solution for CRM + HRM + Finance + Billing + Project Management.
The best solution that I found is Perfex, from CodeCanyon (Envato) -> link: Perfex
The product is well written (as far as I saw from the demo) and frequently updated (last one was a few days ago). It has almost all the features that I need. However, there are some little details that stopped me from buying it until now and I wanted to ask the community for an advice.
First, I need some customizations and I never worked with CodeIgniter. If you are kind and take a look at the demo, you will see that the admin is not capable to see how much money a staff user earned by working on tasks and completing them. Although, you can setup a salary / hour for a staff member.
The whole project is oriented to be useful to an web development agency.
So, I would like to add some extra features to this product and I would like an opinion on how hard or easy it will be for a person who knows something (just to get around) with code but never worked on a product based on CodeIgniter. 
Also I would like to know if I there is a simple way to integrate a chat system into Perfex. And if there is, could you please indicate me a product?
I saw cometchat but the price is too high in my opinion, although it supports video chat (and that's awesome).

Yet again, if there is a freelancer here how could help me extend the features of Perfex, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!
Kind regards!

Dear Catalin,

Perfex being an opensource application, our cometchat can be integrated with it. For any extended features of perfex will need modification or customization. We do support customization to some extent until we don't need to modify our cometchat core files to achieve the customization. Thus the question arises here is what type of customization we are talking about here and depending on this we can perform the requisite work. We can have one of our sales member connect with you and discuss it further or you can send an email to us at [email protected].

Thanks!

Mike D
CometChat

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB