Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Devel Ver 3 worked - CI3 broken on live host

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 09:16 AM by ciadmin.)

I have a site that's been running quite happily with CI for years, first on CI2 and for the last 2 years with CI3 development version.  Now that CI3 is officially out I thought I'd go through the migration guide (2->3) and make sure that I caught all the changes.  With everything as up to date as I can make it --

On my XP machine with XAMPP everything works fine with the newest CI3 release.

When I try it on our live shared server I get the following error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Core Warning
Message: PHP Startup: ssh2: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20090626, debug=0, thread-safety=0 PHP compiled with module API=20090613 etc.

NOTE!!!  This is NOT an ssh2 problem as to my knowledge I'm not even using ssh.
If I go into php.ini and comment out the ssh2 line:
;extension=ssh2.so
it throws a different error:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Core Warning
Message: PHP Startup: SourceGuardian: Unable to initialize module Module compiled... etc
Any insights will be appreciated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not understand, explain better... Why do you think it's the framework's fault?

Check to make sure that your live server is running the correct version of PHP for CodeIgniter.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Offtopic, I would not trust any login credentials for live servers etc on such an old and abandoned Operating system like XP.

Your problem is related to the server PHP configuration. Clearly you have access to the server config files but not the needed experience. Perhaps the best advise is to run it on a shared hosting account from company X or Y or on a managed (virtual) server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB