Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
You can no longer PM me. (w/ forum functionality complaint)

In general, I'm not opposed to receiving PMs, but every single one I've recieved in the last few months is a waste of my time. I type out a response, and it never fails that the other person has not allowed themselves to receive PMs. Also, in every case, they've already created a forum thread for their issue.

Perhaps (if the forum app allows it), the person sending a PM to another person would automatically allow that person to respond. Another way to handle it would be that if the person sending a PM does not allow the receiving of PMs, then they are not allowed to send them. The way it "works" right now is very frustrating. I've never received a PM from a person that wasn't expecting a response.

The PM management provided for in myBB is clunky, and I don't know of a way to provide for responses to users that message you.
There may be a plugin available to handle this, but I don't have time to check them out Sad
Perhaps one of our readers has some insights to help with this?

I think that by default messages should be turn ON.
At the start of this forum if I remember correct the default value was OFF which is wrong.
Users should enable their "private" mode by themselves and not by default.

For the case "somebody wrote me and he doesn't accept my reply", perhaps some small hack can be added.
When there is started chat between A and B , ignore that privacy except if user A has blacklisted user B..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(03-20-2017, 02:35 PM)ciadmin Wrote: The PM management provided for in myBB is clunky, and I don't know of a way to provide for responses to users that message you.
There may be a plugin available to handle this, but I don't have time to check them out Sad

MyBB just sucks, it's about time we move away from it.

(03-21-2017, 01:30 AM)Narf Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 02:35 PM)ciadmin Wrote: The PM management provided for in myBB is clunky, and I don't know of a way to provide for responses to users that message you.

MyBB just sucks, it's about time we move away from it.

MyBB 1 sucks and MyBB 2 is written as Laravel app so it would be good to leave it at some point.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Either
1 - PM is turned on by default
or
2 - PM is removed completely

Collectively this community has LOST WAY TOO MUCH TIME over this stupid issue. But its especially hurtful when people can't get jobs,
because the person posting the job listing has just joined the bulletin board and they don't understand that the PM is turned off.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB