Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI with VueJS

Will CI embrace vuejs in the future?
"Pursue excellence, and success will follow, pants down!"
~ Rancho from The 3 Idiots

[My Facebook Page]

CI is a backend framework. I don't anticipate it embracing any frontend framework in the future. But you can use it with CI just fine already....

Another laravel fan.. great Big Grin

(04-17-2017, 07:58 PM)orionstar Wrote: Another laravel fan.. great Big Grin

I use VueJS on many non-laravel products as do many php devs I know. VueJS is much simpler than something like Angular or Ember. Maybe you should give it a shot.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(04-17-2017, 05:36 PM)darell Wrote: Will CI embrace vuejs in the future?
CI shouldn't embrace Vuejs or any frontend tools. CI is good as it is for backend. Vuejs being a simple and so far the best frontend js framework can be used seamlessly with Axios to speak to CI. hence you may not want to us php syntax in your html or frontend script and only uses CI return view('your_view') to load a page with a designated Controller. within the view you have Vuejs and other libraries like Vuex, Vue-router for a SPA app. CI can allow you to integrate V8js to do server-side rendering. Hence you don't need to use certain features of CI such as form helpers and let all your html and templating be handled with Vuejs. This is why it's said that Vuejs handles the view and CI can now be used for only backend. In fact this is how it ought to be but people misunderstood the possibilities PHP offered for working on browsers to use it as a frontend tool. it should never be used as a frontend tool and in fact i will be glad if CI can discard form helpers and html templating and further make it a core backend PHP framework.

(07-08-2018, 05:50 PM)emiglobe Wrote:
CI shouldn't embrace Vuejs or any frontend tools. CI is good as it is for backend. Vuejs being a simple and so far the best frontend js framework can be used seamlessly with Axios to speak to CI. hence you may not want to us php syntax in your html or frontend script and only uses CI return view('your_view') to load a page with a designated Controller. within the view you have Vuejs and other libraries like Vuex, Vue-router for a SPA app. CI can allow you to integrate V8js to do server-side rendering. Hence you don't need to use certain features of CI such as form helpers and let all your html and templating be handled with Vuejs. This is why it's said that Vuejs handles the view and CI can now be used for only backend. In fact this is how it ought to be but people misunderstood the possibilities PHP offered for working on browsers to use it as a frontend tool. it should never be used as a frontend tool and in fact i will be glad if CI can discard form helpers and html templating and further make it a core backend PHP framework.

form helpers, should not be discarded (just stupid idea), maybe sometimes is needed little applications, where u should not use microservices (froentend, backend, load balancers, nginx, dockers, kubernetes...) haha

Yes, CI embrace vue.js in the future, we know well about Laravel and CI also similar to the framework.

I agree about it is embracing any frontend framework in the future

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB