Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
nodejs

How many people are getting into nodejs... I believe it is the future... Anyone got any tips or tricks they wish to share.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

I tried it before.
the problem with nodejs is there are few jobs available.

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2017, 08:04 PM by albertleao.)

(03-04-2017, 04:00 PM)iridion2015 Wrote: I tried it before.
the problem with nodejs is there are few jobs available.

What? There are an insane amount of nodejs jobs available. I have found more jobs in Node than PHP.

Doing a quick search on Indeed for developer jobs in the Bay Area. 200 + for javascript. 90+ for Node. 80 for php
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Also when learning new approaches, languages or frameworks, there are more reasons to invest time in them other than 'available jobs'.

Get in-depth with JavaScript is good, you can use it on both backend or frontend task
KeepĀ calm.

I've gotten into the JavaScript world via MeteorJS (www.meteor.com), it makes developing full-stack JS apps easy (no need to setup your own build tool). I've went into it straight from CodeIgniter and found it to be a nice intro into the node.js world (plus it has some great features).

I use node just for development stuff, like Grunt usage. I've always felt that when I step outside the normal LAMP stack I'm making something that I will regret making in the future. Just thinking about maintenance, upgrades, etc. Also must consider the ability for somebody else to step in and work with me. Less than 1% of "devs" that I meet have any good experience, and have a hard time grasping basic concepts, let alone stepping outside the box.

Thanks for the answers, very detailed!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB