Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Secure Login

New to CI and wondering can someone point me in the right direction regarding a secure user login module/library/tutorial

Just needs the general functionality one would expect from a user account.

Cheers

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2017, 02:28 AM by PaulD. Edit Reason: Added changes to comment on use of google )

****Google**** Search engines are your friend here. ***Not Google, they are evil!*****

Even Bings first 3 results for "codeigniter auth library" are: CommunityAuth, flexiAuth, and TankAuth. My self, I like to use this one: https://github.com/benedmunds/CodeIgniter-Ion-Auth but would recommend communityAuth too as both of these are modern, up to date with CI3, well used and tested, well written and do slightly different things.

These days I often use my own library, but I am sure it is nowhere near as secure as those above, but in my circumstance security was less important than behaving in a certain way. However, I would not suggest this route, but rather that you test and play with the above and choose the one that you like, fits your needs and is the best solution for you.

Good luck,

Paul.

EDIT **** Realised my own cultural bias here, I hate google, cannot believe I wrote suggested you google. ******

(05-26-2017, 07:44 AM)julian@SF Wrote: New to CI and wondering can someone point me in the right direction regarding a secure user login module/library/tutorial

Just needs the general functionality one would expect from a user account.

Cheers

http://avenir.ro/authentication-system-w...h-and-ci3/

Cheers, To be honest me and google aren't the best of buddies but that's another story.... Was searching on secure logins and ended up with a whole lot of tutorials - never know who to trust these days. Wanted to hear from someone who cares enough about codeigniter to spend time in the forums.

Will check these out - thanks!

I have to admit my dislike of Google grows stronger and stronger as time goes on. I am not sure if it is envy sometimes because they do so much so well, it is just frustrating. Forced to use gmail at work now, but as much as I hate it, gmail makes my outlook online look like something from the Jurassic era.

I try to use https://duckduckgo.com/ as much as possible.

I imagine a search engine with adverts, where all the money raised from PPC's goes to good causes. Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing.

Paul.

This is one of the best reads that I have seen on the subject.

Implementing Secure User Authentication in PHP Applications with Long-Term Persistence (Login with "Remember Me" Cookies)
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I know a codeigniter tutorial about login system. It shows very bad practice (eg. md5 password hash and mysql injection).
First page of the google search Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB